Andy's First Birthday

Kiara's POV

Today is Andy's birthday and my belly is bigger. But  still easy to cover with loose clothes thank god. I got Andy a teddy bear. I know it's nothing fancy, but every kid should have one. Besides everyone else is probably getting him fancy expensive things.

I just fed the animals when I hear a car pull up. I grab my keys, handbag and the present. Before leaving the house locking up. "Morning" Adrian says opening the passenger side for for me.

"Morning, thank you" I say as I get into the car. He gets in the drivers seat and takes off. "So how many people will be there?" I ask him.

"Not many, just immediate family and close friends. So about twenty people" he tells me and I nod my head in understanding. "How are you doing?" he asks me.

"Nauseous is gone, though I have started to craving pickles and min choc ice-cream" I tell him. "And I usually hate mint and chocolate together" I add.

"I like mint choc ice-cream" he tells me.

"Well you're crazy" I tell him and he chuckles. "Where's your gift for Andy?" I ask curious.

"My parents are collecting it" he states. I nod and we spend the rest of the journey in silence. We arrive and he opens my door for me. I give him a smile as I get out of the car. He shuts the door and locks the car. He places a hand on the small of my back a guides me to the door. Where we're greeted by Alice.

"Thank you so much for coming Kiara" she says giving me a hug. "You really do have a bump" she gushes. I give her a small smile. "Why don't you show it off?" she asks me.

"It's complicated" I tell her. "Where's the birthday boy?" I ask her.

"With my parents, come on in" she tells us. She leads us to the back yard. She and Adrian introduce me to everyone. Soon his parents arrived and it was time to exchange gifts.

They grab the one from me. Andy grabs the bear and hugs it tightly. "Aw it's so cute" Alice gushes.

"Thank you Kiara" Leo says. They continue to open presents. Andy not letting go of his new teddy bear. They reach a box with holes in it. I frown in confusion as Alice lifts the lead. We all gasp as a puppy sticks it's head out of the box.

"Aww" Alice awes as Andy squeals.

"Thank you man" Leo says to Adrian.

"Every family needs a dog and she's a rescue" Adrian states. Leo picks the pup up and places it on the ground. It stays close to him looking a little scared by all the people.

"She's scared" I state approaching them. I get down on my knees. "It's ok girl" I say in a calming tone. She whines. "What's her story?" I ask Adrian.

"Was abandoned as a pup, a bit timid around new people" he states.

"I think it'd be best she go to another room until the party is over" I tell Alice.

"Of course" she says. She hands Andy to Leo and takes the pup inside. Before returning and they finish opening the gifts. Until it was time for cake. Adrian offers me a slice.

"No thank you" I tell him and stick with my water.

"You should eat something, for the baby" Alice tells me as she joins us with Andy on her hip. Still holding the teddy bear I got him.

"What have you decided to name the pup?" I ask her.

"Joy" she states. "Now you should eat" she tells me.

"It's fine, I had a big breakfast" I lie. "And I'll eat when I get home" I add. Adrian whispers something in Alice's ear and she smiles before going inside. Handing Andy to Leo along the way. "What did you say to her?" I ask him.

"Nothing" he says innocently. Just then Alice returns with a bowl on mint choc ice-cream and offers it to me.

"I said I'm not hungry" I tell her.

"We both know that's a lie" she states offering me the bowl. "Adrian says you're craving this and pickles. But we don't have pickles. We always have Mint Choc ice-cream in the freezer for Adrian" she states.

"Please eat Kiara, for our baby" Adrian pleads.

"Fine" I grumble accepting the bowl. I eat the ice-cream and they smile. Alice left us.

"So much for not being hungry" Adrian says with a smirk. "Remember you're eating for two" he reminds me.

"I haven't forgotten" I tell him as I finish the bowl. "I have to go" I state handing him the bowl.

"But we've only been here an hour and half" he states.

"Exactly and I left my pets inside. They probably have to go toilet" I tell him.

"I'll give you a lift" he tells me.

"No you stay, I'll get a taxi" I tell him. I left him and said good bye to the hosts. Before going inside grabbing my things calling a taxi. When Adrian appears in his car. "I told you to stay" I remind him.

"I know, but the party is dying down and I'd feel happier if I take you home. Not a stranger" he tells me

"Fine" I grumble and cancel the taxi. I get in and he takes me home. "Thanks" I say when we pull up to my house. "By the way, my mum is having a small Christmas party. She wanted me to invited you" I tell him.

"When?" he asks me.

"Christmas eve, six o'clock" I tell him. "Her place" I add.

"I'll be there" he assures me. I smile and get out of the car. "Take care of yourself and the baby" he tells me.

"I will, see you Christmas eve" I state. Before he left and I go inside. I let the dogs out. Then start to clean, before deciding to have a nap as I didn't get much sleep last night.

A/N

Picture above of the bear Kiara got Andy and picture on external link of the puppy Adrian got Andy.