Meeting Mr Hemlock

Kiara's POV

Mum is making sure Jake has his bath and goes to bed. While I lounge on the couch with Orion on my lap. Ruby and Buddy curled up at my feet. I was deciding what to watch when my phone begins to ring. I see it's a private number and answer it. "Hello, Kiara speaking. How may I help you?" I ask the caller.

"Are you Kiara Willows?" a deep male voice asks.

"Yes, to who am I speaking?" I ask.

"Mr Hemlock, I believe you have something of mine" he states. Mr Hemlock, the baby's father.

"Last I checked it's my baby. But I'll be happy to discuss it with you Mr Hemlock" I tell him.

"Yes, there is much to discuss" he states. "Can you meet me tomorrow?" he asks me.

"I can, when and where?" I ask him.

"Matrix Industries HQ, at one. Tell the receptionist and they will let you in" he states before hanging up. Without even a goodbye, rude. I put my phone down and go back to patting Orion.

"Who was that dear?" mum asks as she joins me.

"The father of my child. I am meeting him tomorrow at Matrix Industries" I tell her.

"Do you want me to come with?" she asks me.

"No, I'll be fine" I assure her. She sits down and I put on Harry Potter. Orion moved to mum's lap as the movie starts and I roll my eyes at him. He loves her long nails.

(Time skip to the next day)

I have arrived at the building. I had to use a GPS to find it though. I parked my car and went inside. "Good afternoon, I am Miss Willows. I'm here to see Mr Hemlock" I tell the person at the desk.

"He is expecting, take the elevator to the top floor and tell his assistant you are here" he tells me. I nod my head and went to the elevator. I take it to the top floor as instructed. I then went over to a woman at a desk.

"Good afternoon, I am Miss Willows. I am here to see Mr Hemlock" I tell her. She looks up at me with a smile.

"It's a pleasure to meet you, I'm Mrs Bennett" she states.

"You're the woman who was suppose to be inseminated" I state surprised. Now I understand why the nurse thought I was her. We have the same coloured hair and eyes. If she stood we'd be the same height, except she is tanner then me.

"Yes, Adrian is waiting for you inside. Please be patient with him" she tells me. "Just go straight in" she adds. I nod my head and do so.

"Please have a seat" the man states as he looks out the window. I do so and he turns around. I must say, he is very handsome. With his dark hair, intense light blue eyes contrasting wonderfully against dark eyelashes and eyebrows, a "bad boy" smile, high cheek bones and a solid jaw line.

"Thank you for coming, please sign this" he says handing me a contract. When I read the introduction, I glare at him. Throwing it away.

"I'm not giving you full custody of my baby" I snap.

"I am it's father" he states.

"I know that and you deserve to be apart of it's life. But you will not have full custody" I tell him. "I know you did not plan on this happening. Neither did I, I went for exam to test for ovary cancer. Not to be inseminated by a strangers sperm" I state.

"Cancer?" he asks.

"My grandmother died from it, my mother gets tested every year. There weeks ago was suppose to be my first test" I state. "Now I have my first ultrasound in five weeks. I have exams before then. But I think it's best we get to know each other. For the baby's sake" I tell him.

"I was to raise the baby alone" he states.

"Yes, if your surrogate got pregnant. But I am not your surrogate. This baby is a gift, though I did not plan for him or her" I state.

"Yes, I guess you didn't being a virgin" he states.

"My sex life is of no concern of yours" I tell him. "Now I can see you are a busy man Mr Hemlock. Being a CEO" I state. "I don't need any financial support from you. I have my own house and am about to complete my education. I already have a job lined up for next year" I state.

"You fail to understand the situation. I will be giving you money to take care of the baby whether you like it or not. I want my child to be in a safe secure and loving home" he states.

"That is all I want" I tell him. "I believe we can make this work, but only if you are willing to listen to me. And not criticize my decisions" I state.

"Very well, but if we are going to make this work. We must meet each others families. We must be completely open with each other and I want to be at every appointment" he tells me.

"Of course, are you free Wednesday night?" I ask him.

"Yes" he says.

"Then you can come to my mum's house for dinner. Meet her and my little brother" I tell him.

"Sounds good, then you can come with me to see my parents and best friends family Sunday for lunch" he states.

"Agreed" I say. "Are you allergic to anything? Have any dietary requirements?" I ask him.

"Not allergic to anything and no dietary requirements" he assures me. "Yourself?" he asks.

"I'm allergic to garlic, no dietary requirements" I tell him. I write down my mother's address. "I will see you Wednesday night at six. Good day" I state.

"Good day Miss Willows" he says and I leave his office.

"Miss Willows, here" Mrs Bennett says handing me folder. "Adrian's schedule for the next month. So it'll be easier for you both to organize meeting times" she states.

"Thank you, may I ask you something?" I ask her.

"Of course" she says with a smile.

"You're married, why would you agree to be a surrogate?" I ask her confused.

"Adrian is my best friend. I have already given my husband a son. So he is fine with me being Adrian's surrogate. I'd still be in the child's life and my son would know the child. Just not that they are related. I'd do anything for my best friend" she states. "He's a good man, get to know him and see" she tells me.

"I'll try, have a nice day Mrs Bennett" I say.

"Please, call me Alice" she says.

"Call me Kiara" I tell her before leaving. I go back to mum's house. I brush my pets. Before doing my homework. Then went to pick up Jake from school. As mum is at work again.

A/N

Picture above of Adrian Hemlock and picture on the external link of Kiara.