First Ultrasound

Kiara's POV

It's time for my first ultrasound. I've started to develop a bump. But it's not noticeable under my usually loose shirts. I've completed my exams, I believe I passed them all. Anyway tomorrow I am moving back home with my pets.

"Will Adrian be there?" mum asks me as we have lunch.

"Yes" I answer. "Do you have any meetings today?" I ask her.

"None, I was thinking of taking the dogs with me to pick up Jake. Then take them to the park" she states.

"They'll love that" I tell her. "Just keep an eye on Buddy, he hasn't mastered recall yet" I tell her. She nods her head. I look at the time. "I gotta go, I'll meet you at the park" I tell her.

"Drive safely dear" she tells me. I assure her I will before leaving. I drive to the hospital and check in. I notice Adrian is not here yet. But think nothing of it as I start to read a magazine.

"Miss Willows!" a nurse calls. I stand and head towards her. "Dr Moore will see you now, I am sorry for the mess up eight weeks ago" she tells me quietly. I realize it's the nurse who accidentally inseminated me.

"It's fine, I love my baby" I tell her. I go to Dr Moore's office. "Good afternoon" I say.

"Afternoon dear, is Mr Hemlock not coming?" she asks me.

"He said he would, but hasn't shown up" I tell her.

"I'm here" he says as he enters the room. "A board meeting ran over time" he states. "Have you started?" he asks.

"No, you're just in time" Dr Moore tells him. "Miss Willows please lay on the bed and lift your search so your stomach is visible" she instructs. I do so.

"You already have a bump" Adrian says bluntly. I ignore him.

"This will be cold dear" she tells me. I nod my head and she places the gelled wand on my stomach. Beginning the ultrasound. "There it is" she says and points at the screen. "That's your baby" she tells us.

"It's beautiful" I state.

"Wait until you hear this" she tells me and presses a button. A rapid heart beat feels the room. I freeze at the sound. "127 beats per minute!" she states noting it.

"Isn't that fast for a human?" I ask her concerned.

"Why do you say that?" Adrian asks me.

"The average human heart rate is between 60 and a 100 beats per minute" I state. We look at Dr Moore.

"It's perfectly normal for a fetus" she assures us. "The average fetal heart rate is between 110 and 160 beats per minute" she states. We both relax. "Your baby has a strong healthy heart rate" she assures us. "Now we only have a few more tests to run, then I have a few questions" she tells me.

(Time skip)

"How is the nausea going?" she asks me.

"Better now that exams are over" I tell her.

"Excellent, are you taking you vitamins?" she asks me.

"Yes" I say.

"Do you have any questions?" she asks us.

"When due you think she'll give birth?" Adrian asks her.

"Mid July, between the tenth and sixteenth" she answers.

"How long can I work for?" I ask her.

"At the moment, as long as you want. But that may change depending on how the pregnancy progresses" she states. "Anything else?" she asks us.

"No, I have no more questions" I tell her.

"Neither do I" Adrian states.

"Very well, see you in four to six weeks" she tells us. We nod and leave. I go to the desk and book my next ultrasound nine days before Christmas.

"Kiara" Adrian says as I go to leave.

"Yes?" I ask him.

"I'm sorry for being late" he tells me and I nod my head. "I have a question to ask you" he adds.

"Then please ask, I promised to meet my mother and brother at the park" I tell him.

"Andy is having his first birthday next weekend, Alice wants you to come" he states. "So would you like to go with me?" he asks me.

"Of course, what should I bring?" I ask him.

"I have that covered" he tells me.

"But that's from you, not me" I tell him. "I'll think of something, send me to details later" I tell him. He nods his head and I leave. I drive to the park. I see mum trying to catch Buddy while Lady stayed with Jake. "Buddy come!" I call and he looks at me. He rushes over and sits in front of me with his head down. Knowing he was in the dog house.

"Thanks Kiara, sorry" mum says as she hands me to lead. I clip it to Buddy's collar telling him to heel. He does so sitting to my left.

"I told you to be careful" I tell her as we walk back to Lady and Jake. "Anyway, the appointment went well" I tell her.

"You don't sound happy" she states.

"It's just something Adrian said" I mutter.

"What did he say?" she asks me concerned.

"He commented on my bump" I tell her.

"Honey, you know that's normal during pregnancy. It means the baby is growing" she tells me.

"I know, you know how I feel about my weight though" I tell her.

"It's been six years sweetie, you've come a long way since then" she tells me. "You're not the same girl" she states. "How was the ultrasound?" she asks me.

"I heard the baby's heart beat, it was amazing" I tell her.

"It's never stops being amazing. Hearing your baby's heart beat for the first time" she tells me.

"Is it a boy or girl?" Jake asks me.

"Don't know yet, it's to early to tell" I tell him.

"I want it to be a boy" he tells me.

"You may get your wish" I tell him.

"Are you ready to go home dear?" mum asks him. He nods his head asking me if I can help him with his maths homework. I said I would and we return to mum's house. While mum made dinner, I helped him with his homework.

A/N

Picture above of the ultrasound.

Planned Future Chapters:

Andy's Birthday

Christmas Party

New Years Ball

First Day

16 Week Ultrasound

Date

Baby Names

No Longer a Virgin (Mature chapter)

20 Week Ultrasound

Nursery Plans

Gender Reveal

Baby Shower

Birth and Proposal

Epilogue: Wedding