Chapter 26

It had been two days. Two days since Peter had killed the man that was responsible for his aunt's death. Nothing made sense but it felt good to watch the man's eyes as he broke off the wing that flew in to save toomes and buried it in his chest. It felt good to use the weapon that dropped a building on him to give him power against what had been hurting him.

Peter's hair, dried with blood, and strands flowing into his eyes caught a breeze while he was sitting on top of a tower, watching the city. It seemed every second he was breathing heavily, reminiscing the anger that electrocuted his body. To be in power was something new. He was hiding behind the other guy, or his alternate self. This wasn't spiderman. This was Peter Parker. And Peter Parker finally wasn't in need of a babysitter, his problem was gone, but now he has to deal with himself.

Life hasn't been kind to Peter Parker. The four walls that kept him the majority of his life were cold, he couldn't afford the heat inside and now that he can, and the walls have fallen down, he is burning the people that have caused the exterior to crack.

This is what he deserves. Peter Parker: Orphan, hero, no vigilant, human, a boy, a murderer. A hefty list for a highschooler

He ran and jumped off of the skyscraper he had perched himself on, leaving the crumbles of brick he had punched out with ease from the skyscrapers roof, not caring about the destruction he caused.

As he swung past the high rise apartment buildings he could hear his name being broadcasted across tvs playing the news. Little bits and pieces were picked up by his super hearing.

"spiderman"

"Our local hero"

"Missing for two days"

"Has our friendly neighborhood spiderman abandoned us?"

Peter rolled his eyes as he felt the wind break up the hair binded to his forehead by blood. He had so much pressure. His life was flying past him, he couldn't even finish mourning may and before he knew it strange men were breaking his bones in a dark room. And now he is uncovering things that maybe toomes was right. That he didn't or just couldn't understand.

Peter had been neglecting school since May had died. He had isolated himself so severely that the thought of life returning to normal without May living in this world was unbearable. Now all he wanted was normality; a sense of stability.

The bright stark tower stood significantly taller over all the other buildings, number one name in clean energy, hovering in the clouds. Peter couldn't even have time to long for a sense of home. He did this. He is this, and his life can no longer be fixed by anyone but himself.

"I knew I would find you here" a familiar voice stated.

"What this specific building? There is nooo way you could have guessed this building" Peter looked around him, the young heart in him showing through the tough skin.

"Well no, it was actually kinda hard, i checked every roof in the area, but I knew you'd probably be perched somewhere"

"Well the probability of me being on a building at this time is very slim, i could have been in the sub shop or something, so id call this more of a lucky guess" peter shrugged, genuinely doing the math in his head.

"Well yeah but I was actually just in the sub shop, i wasn't even looking for you until i walked in for a sandwich"

"So I remind you of a sandwich?" Peter said, his eyebrows showing confusion. "OH! Was it delmares!?" he exclaimed, connecting the dots happily.

"Yes!" the man pointed at him as if to say he was correct

Peter smiled "makes sense. Yup.. yup" he said, filling the silence after he had his epiphany of realization.

"So whats the hype with rooftops?"

"Shouldn't you know? This is where you build your nests isn't it?"

Clint sighed, removing his hood that once held a dark shadow over his recognizable features. "That's a good shawarma joint" he said pointing down towards the ground

"Yeah i've been meaning to try it for awhi- okay no, why are you here. I cannot go back to the tower" Peter caught himself fading into the conversation and stopped it.

"Bucky came by.."

"Yeah did he give you the lowdown on how I killed a man?" peter's head fell into his hands.

"He did." clint stated matter of factly.

"Im sure im not even welcome back at the tower after tony found out" peter shivered, not wanting to think of the consequences that would come with what he had done.

"Tony knew what was going to happen. But he didn't want it to be you. He was going to do it. Said something about 'you not needing it on your conscience'"

Peter's head perked up "he knew i was leaving?"

"No, god no. But I'll tell you what. He is in Russia right now."

"What? Why?" peter panicked

"Confessing to the murder of toomes. He's taking the body to ross, telling him that he was going to bring him to the raft but he attacked before he could and he had to kill him"

Peter's eyes frantically searched around, finding nothing he was looking for. Why would Mr. Stark do that? This was Peter's mistake. It was his own anger, not Tonys.

"Why" was all that Peter could stammer out.

"He lost you once on a table where you laid in front of him. He wasn't going to lose you again.