Chapter ten: brother

I was lying in my king sized bed reliving the nights events when my phone rang. It was 12 o'clock at night who would be calling me now. I checked my phone and my eyebrows shot up in surprise when I saw the caller ID. It was my brother Quinn. What could he possibly want?

"Hello?" I answered in a questioning tone

"Brother! How was your little date?"
Quinn asked with hints of mockery in his voice.

I paused for a moment. I hadn't told anyone when my date was let alone that I was going on a date to begin with.

"How did you kn-"

"I saw it on the TV! It's all over the news. NHL pro goes on date with beautiful mystery woman, everyone's talking about it."

"What?!"

Quinn laughed.

"You weren't aware? I thought that's why you were being such a gentleman."

When I didn't respond right away, Quinn continued on.

"She's fucking hot Jack and she scored better at that game then you ever had. If you don't want her I'll gladly take her off your hands."

I was hit with a rush of jealousy. I didn't like how he was talking about Megan. I clenched my jaw and muttered through my teeth,

"Quinn don't."

"Hey bro, I was just messing around no need to get upset."

He paused.

"Do you, are you starting to like her?"

Once again I fell silent. Was I? Did I? I couldn't stop thinking about her, but I only met her days ago. Quinn took my silence for and answer and started talking again. I couldn't focus on his words though, I was only focused on her.