Chapter nine: questions

Megan's POV:

Dinner went exactly as I had hopped it would.  We got to know each other and became fast friends.

Or maybe we were becoming more then friends.

Whenever he smiled my heart fluttered, when we made eye contact my breath would catch in my throat and whenever our legs would accidentally touch under the table it sent a string of tingles across my body.

Was he feeling the same?

After desert we decided to talk a walk across the pier that was outside of the restaurant. The cool night air kissed my shoulders and the stars glistened brightly beneath the dark night sky. As we reached the middle of the pier, a gushed of wind hit us, causing me to shiver. Jack must of noticed, because the next thing I knew he draped his blazer across my shoulders. My body tingled and the faint smell of jacks cologne hit my nose. I whisper a thanks to him, and I felt his big hand slip into mine. I could sense his gorgeous eyes on me, but I couldn't look at him now, or he could tell by my facial expression how badly I wanted him.

Jacks POV:
By the time we reached the end of the pier my heart was uncomfortably racing. My hand was touching hers, but that wasn't enough. I needed to feel her body against mine. I sensed her shiver again, and wrapped my arms around her, drawing her body into mine. We stood there in silence underneath the night sky. Neither one of us saying anything for a while.  I found comfort in the silence. However, a thought crossed my mind. If I didn't say anything to her now, I would probably never see Megan again. I hated that thought. I realized that I was starting to fall for her, and I didn't want to lose her, not yet.

Megan's POV:
He held me in his arms, and I could feel his head racing in his chest. My breath was shallow. Being in his arms just felt...right. Jack cleared his throat, breaking the silence around us. 

"Hey Megan?"

His gruff voice questioned, stirring something inside me.

"Yeah?"

"Do you, um do you have a boyfriend?"

I slightly pulled away from his arms in confusion.

"No?"

I answered, My confusion lacing my response. He was silent for a beat before he awkwardly asked.

"Can I get your number then?"

I was silent. Did he really just ask me that?

He continued.

"I had a really great time tonight, and I want to see you again, so can I get it from you?"

I must have been silent for to long because Jack pulled his arms off of me, shoved his hands in his pockets and mumbled a sorry. I quickly turned to him and responded.

"Sorry yes you can have my number, I had an amazing time tonight too, I was just surprised you would ask me that."

His face scrunched up in confusion.
"Why would you be surprised? You're an amazing pretty girl and I had a great time. Of course I'm going to ask for your number."

Did he just call me pretty? My breathing became shallow and I almost couldn't respond.

"I...I don't know I guess I just was. Here let me get my number for you. "

We exchanged contact information and decided to call it a night. He walked me to my car, and once we got there we paused for a moment, him staring  desperately at my lips before I said goodnight and slid into my car.

Once I got home I called Kim and Lily to fill them in on the events of the night. In the middle of our spill sheesh, my phone pinged with a notification. I was surprised when I saw it was a message from jack. My heart began to race as I read the message.

Sleep well tonight love, I'll see you soon.