Chapter seven: after game

Megan's POV:
Time skip

The rest of the game went very well for the devils, but all I could think about was the feeling of jacks arms wrapping around me.  Kim and Lily were harassing me with a string of questions. "How did I feel?" "Was I excited?" "When are you guys going out?" " what are you going to wear?"

I could barley answer their questions because of how fast my mind was racing. In two nights from now, I would be going on an all expenses paid dinner at a five star restaurant with the man of my dreams. My brain was already drifting off with day dreams of what might happen after our dinner. Maybe he'll fall in love with me. Ask me to be his girlfriend. We date for a bit, being the most famous couple and then he'd purpose to me on a cruise threw Greece and then we would- 

"Megan look!"

My thoughts were interrupted by screams from lily and Kim. I brought my attention back to the ice. There was five secs left of the game and jack was furiously skating towards the opposite net.  I stood up, aggressively cheering him on. He skated closer, dodged left, dodged right, and took the shot.

He didn't make it.

The audience let out a collective groan of distaste. The Devils still won the game though. After the game, Kim and I were waiting at the front of the rink while lily went off to find my car. We were talking about the game when a voice from behind interrupted us.

"Megan!"

I turned to see jack running towards us. Once he got to us he smile and started talking.

"Hey! I'm glad I caught you before you left, I wanted to talk to you some more."

I turned to see Kim smirking and making dirty gestures with her hands behind jacks back. I shot her a dirty look before turning back to jack. I smile and responded,

"Yeah, you played well tonight, good job."

He slightly blushed and ran his fingers threw his hair.

"Yeah if only I had made that last shot, it would have made the game so much better."

"Yeah if only, you should have got me to do it, it seems like I've got more skills then you."

I slapped my hand over my mouth just as the words finished leaving my mouth. Did I really just say that? I could hear Kim laughing hysterically behind us and jack stared at me blankly . Fuck, did I just ruin my chances with him??

That's when jack started laughing as well. I let a few nervous snickers leave my mouth.

"I see you have a sense of humor."

Jack laughed.

"That's always refreshing. I have to get back to the locker room, but I guess I'll see you in a couple nights?"

I smiled back at him.

"Yeah you will."

He sheepishly smiled at me before walking away. I turned to Kim to see her silently cry laughing.

"Damn Megan,"

She laughed,

"What a way to leave an impression."

I felt my face heating up as I blushed. Lily pulled up just in time and we pilled into my car. Spending the whole drive back to Kim's house talking about the events of the game.