Chapter 1

Holy crap I own a bakery. I did it. My dad's dream is fulfilled and in that so is mine. Today was opening day of "Cute Little Cakes" and my parents came to help me with finishing touches as well as cutting the ribbon with the mayor. My dad had tears in his eyes as he looked at what I accomplished with his help and his teachings. My mother was there, proud, that her little girl completed her dream, realizing that she wasn't so little anymore. It's a dream come true.

My bakery was placed in a little strip of shops, thankfully catching the end of the strip so I'm only seated next to a tattoo shop called "District 9 Tattoos." It seemed like a nice shop, having a large amount of artists to work on the maximum number of customers at a time. From the times I passed the shop while I was renovating mine, it seemed like a good safe space for anybody who wanted a tattoo. Out of curiosity (and to see if they had any good work, for a friend of course), I looked up their reviews and they were through the charts. The artists had such variety in their work, not just doing "old style" tattoos that looked like graffiti, but they had good line work too for the daintier tattoos. They also had a number of piercers that all had good reviews under their belts and so when one was on the clock, the others were either assisting or doing deskwork like filing. It seemed like an proficiently run shop. I was impressed.

Back to my bakery, I wanted to keep a cute air to the shop as well as giving a comfortable space for customers. I wanted it to be some place where high school and college students alike could find a spot after school grab a drink and cake and study their hearts out, or just sit and chat with friends. I wanted my mom to be able to bring her friends here and they could sit and chat for hours without anything being uncomfortable or out of place. All in all, I wanted it to feel safe, and be cute, hence the name of my little bakery.

I was gonna be making pastries and pies galore, as well as sweet breads, or sourdough, and serving iced coffees and boba for those who wanted it. I had a few college students apply before opening, me taking the time to interview them outside on the little patio while the interior was being designed. A lot of them seemed to enjoy baking themselves, or simply loved the idea of the atmosphere I was trying to create, and I was able to hire five students who would be able to handle the part-time job as well as their studies. I had to make a schedule of how early I would have to get up to bake the treats or how late I would have to stay to get things in the fridge. The cheesecakes would be made as well as regular cakes after closing, since they needed to chill. Cookies and breads would be made in the morning a few hours before opening. Opening is at 11 am, and we'll close around 7 pm. And drinks obviously should not run out as long as I do inventory properly.

I had all hands on deck helping me with opening day, as I knew many people around town would want to come check out the new place since the mayor would be here. I made extra of everything to make sure we would be safe from running out today. It had to be perfect, and it was. Towards the end of the evening, eight men walked in, and boy were they hot. All of them seemed to exert a different kind of dominance, almost overwhelming the cute atmosphere of my little bakery with their presence. My head had raised when the bell on the door rang,

"Welcome to Cute Little Cakes" my employees say the words that were lacking from my mouth.

It brought me back to earth as I smiled at them, "Hi! What can I get for you guys?" They looked at me in surprise, looking over my 5'2" stature lingering on the tattoos that were visible on my arms, not being able to see the ones on my legs of course because of the counter.

"Are you the owner here?" The one in front seemed to cock his head at me in question.

I gave a little nod of my head, "Mhm, why, is there something wrong?" Praying he said no since I only opened shop today.