16. "green is not a good color on you"

HER POV

       We all step into the bar and are immediately directed to a private booth, courtesy of Anthony and his American Express card.

"So, we should do the photo shoot the day after tomorrow," Dudley suggests before turning to me. "If that is alright with you?"

"Yeah, I am free," I nod with a small smile.

Our waiter walks over to us with a silver tablet in hand and friendly smile. She seems awfully smitten by Luca.

"What can I get you all this fine afternoon?" She asks, awaiting for our response.

"Let's start off with a round of martinis," Anthony answers as he sets down the menu of drinks onto the table.

She types away on her table before walking out of the booth. Shortly after her leave, she returns with a tray of drinks and a familiar redhead dressed in a green sundress.

"I hope I am not too late," Eloise says giddily.

"El, what are you doing here?" Brian asks clearly taken aback by his roommates arrival.

"My brother invited me," Eloise replies as she directs her gaze to Dudley.

My eyes widen in surprise. The two siblings did not look anything alike, except for their same colored eyes.

"Dudley, did I tell you how smart you are?" Anthony muses with a mischievous smirk before turning to Eloise with enamored eyes. "My dear Eloise, you can take this empty seat next to m-"

"Umm, I think not," Dudley pushes Anthony back into his seat, not at all approving of his flirtatious demeanor.

"Always as charming as ever," Eloise replies in an unamused tone as she rolls her eyes at Anthony.

"Only for you, my love," Anthony gives Eloise a flirty smolder, but it only causes the redhead to wriggle her nose in distaste.

"I'll just sit right here," Eloise takes the empty seat next to Brian and greets him with a smile. However, it drops when she sets her gaze on me. "Oh hey, Samantha."

       "Hey," I give her a courteous wave.

       "Dudley told me you guys finally found a model for the store's poster," Eloise chimes before turning to Brian and laying her hand on his arm. I can feel the anger boiling inside me. "Whoever this girl is, she is very lucky to be photographed by the best photographer in New York."

       Brian seems oblivious of her flirty actions which drives my jealous anger further. However, he unexpectedly wraps his arm around my waist and turns his gaze to me.

       "I am the lucky one," Brian replies as he smiles down at me. Eloise's eye twitches as realization dawns on her.

       "You are the model they chose?" Her tone of disbelief is masked with a quick smile. "Congrats!"

        "Thank you," I simply respond knowing that she is not being genuine.

"If it were up to me, I would've chosen you," Anthony says aiming to please Eloise but she only ignores him.

"You were begging Sam to agree," Luca reminds causing Brian and Dudley to chuckle. "You described Sam as perfect for the job because of her 'sexy, yet innocent look'."

       Anthony's eyes flush a deep red and the boys laugh even harder. Eloise on the other hand does not find any humor in the conversation.

       I feel a buzzing against my thigh and look into my purse to pick out my phone. An unknown number flashes through the screen and I scrunch my eyebrows together.

       Luca is the first to look at my nervous expression. We both exchange a worried expression knowing very well who the caller could be.

       "I'll be right back," I tell the group before making my way toward the bathroom.

       I peak into the communal bathroom and find that all the stalls are empty. As I am going to answer the call it ends and I sigh in frustration.

       My finger trembles over the screen. I contemplate whether to call back or just block the number.

       "You are like a blood-sucking leech," I turn to the snarly voice with a panicked look in my eyes. Relief washes over me as I realize it is just Eloise, but it is soon replaced with a disapproving frown.

       "Excuse me?" I sass as I cross my arms over my chest.

       "You are just like Dennis. Making men fall head over heels for you and then leaving them for another that is richer." Eloise stalks toward me but I don't back away.

       "I am nothing like that bitch," I tower over the redhead and she flinched at my menacing stare. "I care for Brian and trust me I am not planning on leaving him."

       "I have seen the glances between you and Luca!"

My amused chuckle echoed through the stalls. "You are delusional darling," I state as I try to walk past her but she grabs onto my arm and stops me.

"Leave Brian alone," she threatens. "He does not deserve to be hurt again. He deserves someone who genuinely loves him."

"Like you?" I raise a brow and this leaves Eloise speechless. A smirk appears at the corner of my lips. "I've seen the way you look at him. I am not blind."

       "I am simply looking out for him," she retorts but her gaze falls to the floor telling me she is lying.

       "Or maybe it's just jealousy?" I muse with a smug expression. "And let me tell you, green is not a good color on you sweetie."

       Eloise opens her mouth to say something but I walk right past her leaving her to talk to herself. I
smirk triumphantly as I walk back into the booth.

Author's Note Happy Monday to all!! Here is chapter 16 with a sprinkle of drama

Author's Note
Happy Monday to all!! Here is chapter 16 with a sprinkle of drama. What do you guys think? Eloise definitely jelly and wants Brian. Do you think she'll find out about Samantha's secret? Let me know your predictions in the comments. And if you enjoyed, leave a vote and share! Thank you all so much for reading! I'll see you all on Wednesday with another update. Until then...
Stay safe. Stay healthy. Stay awesome.
Xoxo, Liz 💋💋💋

Song: Jealousy, Jealousy x Pacify Her (Tiktok Mashup) - Olivia Rodrigo & Melanie Martinez