09. "giving up isn't in my vocabulary"

HIS POV

       Her soft skin is taken over by the goosebumps. With only the simple stroke of my touch her eyes turn a shade darker as her lips part, waiting for mine to meet them.

       "Brian," she whimpers as I remove my touch from her. Her soft breathe fans my face as I lean down toward her neck.

       Her sweet intoxicating scent. A mixture of sweetness, but a sexy tanginess. It consumes me—

       "Earth to Brian!" The loud voice ends my happy daydreaming.

       I turn around to find Anthony waving his hand in front of my face. He stops once he has my attention. He gives me teasing grin as he crosses his arms over his chest.

       "What?" I snap as I walk over to the product I am supposed to be photographing and adjust it.

       "Nothing," Anthony shrugs innocently. "I have just been watching you stare at that bouquet of flowers for the last tent minutes with a lustful expression. I did not know you rolled that way."

       I give Anthony an unamused frown. This however makes him burst into laughter. I nudge him out of my way as I walk back to my camera.

       "Shut up," I growl in a menacing tone.

       Anthony composes himself and I lean into my camera, snapping a few quick photos. Anthony walks over to my desk and lets out a low whistle when something catches his attention.

       "Are you going to go?" He asks as he lifts up the crumbled wedding invitation.

       "No," I answer in a duh tone as I roll my eyes in annoyance. Anthony seems to catch on to my cranky mood.

       "Are you alright?" His eyes show genuine concern and he sets the invitation down. "I know this whole Dennis thing is still a touchy subject-"

       "It's not about Dennis," I sigh.

       "Then what has you with this whole ogre-like attitude?" Anthony cocks his head to the side raising an eyebrow. I set the camera down and rub my temples.

       "I met this girl-"

       "That's good!" Anthony says excitingly as he plops himself into my desk chair and places his crossed legs on my desk.

       "It's not," I let out a sulky groan. The dirty-blonde perks up interested in my love-life gossip. "She is so beautiful and funny and—man, she is something different. At first I only wanted a distraction from Dennis but she woke up this feeling in me. It's like nothing I have experienced before."

       Anthony grins mischievously and shakes his head. "You are so whipped, man."

       "I want something more with her," I admit.

       "Then go for it!" Anthony says with a supportive tone in his voice.

       "I can't," I rub my neck and Anthony frowns.

       "If it's because of Dennis, you should move on. She was just a gold-digger that left you for some surgical douchebag and she does not—"

       "I don't care about Dennis anymore," I cut him off. "This girl I met, Samantha. I don't know, she doesn't seem like she wants more with me. On top of that I don't even know where to find her."

       "Wait, wait, wait," Anthony chants. "Are you meaning to tell me you fell in love with a one-night stand?"

       "Not exactly," I reply as I run a hand through my hair. "We have seen each other more than once, but I don't know every single thing about her. All I know is that she can sometimes be found at Midnight Sinn."