S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

I giggled, "Well, I should probably go before the pizza gets done." I started to wrap up.

"Pizza? At your Grandmothers?" He questioned, sounding surprised and honestly I can't blame him.

"Yep. The cook couldn't come in, so Rory and I are making pizza, but that also means they might freak out if I'm not down there when the buzzer goes off." I reported my answer.

"Well I'll let you go before catastrophe strikes." Justin joked.

"Alright, I'll see you tomorrow." I smiled.

"See you tomorrow." He added before hanging up.

I smiled to myself as I stared up at the ceiling, phone still in my hand. I let out a heavy exhale letting my mind wonder.

Even though today wasn't the most hectic I've had, it still felt a bit chaotic, if that makes sense. I felt very overwhelmed and didn't really talk to anyone, but Rory. I missed talking to people today, normally that was what got me through my days. And even though I knew I probably shouldn't, there was still one voice that I wanted to hear.

I debated in my head whether I should call him or not. I had my pager on me, so I could easily get his number, but should I? Even though I've said we are just friends, I can't help but feel a little guilty when talking to him outside of school.

There's nothing wrong with having Tristan as my friend and maybe the reason I'm feeling this way is the fact that I haven't told Justin that Tristan and I are actually friends now. I know that I've told him that he wasn't bugging me anymore, but for some reason that doesn't seem like enough. I want to have that conversation with him, but I also don't. Which doesn't make sense in my head.

Another reason why I wanted to talk to Katie and Belle about this. I could tell them anything and they would know what to do, but then the guys interrupted and I felt as if I had to stop talking about it, to the point where I basically bolted away.

I don't know why I feel like this. I'm happy and in a great place with Justin. He makes me feel safe and protected, however whenever I'm around Tristan, my stomach twists, I smile at the sight of him, he makes my heart race. I love that we can tease each other so freely, and that smirk. My god the power that his little smirk has over me, is just not fair.

Without even thinking about it, I pulled my pager out of my blazer and found his contact. I reached over and dialed his number into the phone, then waited patiently as the phone rang.

Once. Twice. Then three times. I pucker my lips at the sound of the fourth ring, debating if I should just hang up, but as the fifth ring was beginning he answered.

"Hello?" He questioned, his voice brought a smile to my face.

"Hey, it's Eva." I greeted trying not to sound like I was smiling.

"Oh, Eva. Hey." I could tell he was slightly surprised that I called.

"What'cha up to?" I questioned as I played with my end of my skirt.

"Nothing much, I was just about to watch a movie." He answered, "You?"

"Oh, um, nothing either. Kinda bored. I'm at my grandparents waiting for the pizza to finish." I commented, nodding my head.

"Emily and Richard eating pizza! How'd you do that?" He exclaimed. I could hear slight shuffling in the background.

"Well, the chef couldn't make it cause of the weather and it was the only thing in the fridge." I explained.

"Well, good luck with getting them to eat it." He chuckled, knowing my grandparents.

"Thanks, I'm gonna need it." I huffed in realization that they have probably never eaten pizza before.