S1 E8 : "Love & War & Snow" (Part 2)

Start from the beginning

At this point I was ignoring them, knowing we weren't gonna eat anything else.

"I promise you're gonna love it." Rory spoke up when I didn't, looking over my shoulder to read the instructions with me.

"Listen, just leave it up to us. You guys go back into the living room, and we'll call you when it's ready." She bargained looking back at them.

The Grandparents looked at each other, before shaking their heads in agreement that they were gonna let us do this. As they started to turn I quickly spoke, "Hey Grandma?"

"Yes." She replied, looking back at me.

"What are the odds of you knowing where a cookie sheet would be?" I questioned, knowing the odds were low, but had to ask anyway.

"I'd say very slim." Grandpa teased as Grandma looked confused and then slightly insulted.

"Never mind. We'll find it." I dismissed with a slight laugh at their interaction.

"Very slim?" Grandma questioned Grandpa, "Thank you for that."

~~~

After finishing the easy, yet difficult, task of putting the pizza in the oven Rory and I separated. She sat downstairs with the Grandparents and I went up to a random room in this massive place and found a phone.

I plopped myself down on the perfectly made bed and reached over dialing the specific number I wanted before grabbing the phone and holding it up to my ear.

"Hello." I heard his voice call.

"Hey you." I smiled into the phone, laying down and crossing my legs by the ankles.

"Hey!" Justin replied much happier now that he knew who was calling, "How was your day?" He asked.

"Crazy." I answered with an exhale.

"That bad?" He questions for more details.

"Not really, just kinda daunting, you know," I shrugged my shoulders, even though he couldn't see, "And now I'm stuck at my grandparents cause of the weather, so that's a nice touch." I replied sarcastically.

"Sorry to hear that." He sympathized, "But on the other hand it is snowing and if I remember correctly this is your favorite time of the year?" Justin questioned himself, but as always was dead on.

"Yeah, that's true. Rory fell a couple times at school today, so that was fun." I beamed as he brought on good memories of today.

"No she didn't." He replied, but I could tell he was trying to hold back a laugh.

"Yeah, the poor thing just couldn't handle the snow today." I teased her. He finally let out his little chuckle. "Anyways, how was your day?" I asked.

"It was good. Josh and I pranked Mrs. Wansart." He laughed.

My jaw dropped a bit, "No!" I mused, there's no way.

"Yep, we put a fake snake in her desk. She freaked when she saw it." He continued his story through his fits of laughter.

"I can't believe I missed that!" I exclaimed into the phone. I could see her reaction. It would've been priceless.

"It was great! I can't even describe her face." He now settled to a slight chuckle.

"I miss going to Stars Hollow High. No day there was ever boring." I mentioned.

"Yeah we know how to keep it fun down here in the Hollow." He teased with laughter.

"Now don't go giving yourself too much credit. I'm sure that was Josh's idea." I called him out, I just couldn't see him doing that alone.

"Well you got me there." He murmured.