Time To Wake Up

"Randy, wake up! You'll be late for school!" A voice called over Randy as the sun rose in the sky, starting a new day. Randy groaned as he got up, snoozing his alarm clock, and checked his phone. No messages, as always. He sighed and walks to the bathroom, washed up, and got ready for school.

Today is the new year for him in school. He's no longer a sophomore anymore, he's a senior. As he went down to get his breakfast his mind went through many scenarios of his possible life in the future. A whole different future... Not as a ninja. He'll miss the moment honestly. Being the ninja was the best thing that's ever happened to him.

While the cons were life-sacrificing, dangerous and whatnot, there are still the pros. Being able to be free, being yourself, seeing the view, and most of all... Being noticed. Being a ninja means getting all the attention that he's always wanted. Why? Well, you'll find out.

"Randy, remember what I tell you." His mother's words cut his mind off and made him snap back into reality. He looked at his mother with a gentle smile.

"Yes, mother. I remember. Study hard, focus, and not think about other stuff." He said, biting his second toast spread with melted butter on top of it. His mother smiled and kisses his forehead gently.

"And...?" She asked, knowing that Randy will answer it correctly. Randy rolled his eyes with his smile.

"No lover until I'm 18." He said and finished his breakfast. His mother smiled as she place her name tag on her chest. 'Ruby Cunningham' as written on it.

"Good, I'm off to work. Don't forget your chores and remember to study well alright? Mama will come home by..." She checks her watch with a small sigh.

"12:30 am. As always, the night shift may varied so I hope you'll be a good boy for me." Ruby kissed her child's forehead and locks the door from the outside. Randy nods his head. His mom is a nurse so it's busy there. It'll be a miracle if she came home by 10:00 pm honestly, and that was the time Randy went to bed.

"Good luck, mother. Have a good day at the hospital." Randy said, hugging his mom before walking towards his school in the opposite direction. The city was filled with many new buildings, tho this place was more than 800 years old. So much stuff has happened, Randy remembered it a lot.

"Let's hope today will be a good day," Randy said with determination and walks to school calmly. Keyword, calmly.

Nomi resting under the sakura tree that the school has behind it. He was reading his favorite book until a petal flew between the pages. Nomi picks it up and looks at it, reminding him about who he is, and his purpose. He's not human. And he'll never be human again.

"800 years, and here I am. Still at the same spot where it all happened. How time flies by so fast, but his powers are getting stronger. I can't let him control more people, especially Bucky nowadays. I feel sorry for that guy." Nomi talked to himself as if he was consulting himself. It often works for him so he can bottle up more of his feelings. After what felt like time froze, a voice broke his train of thoughts. Stevens Charles rushed towards Nomi tiredly.

"It's been a while hasn't it, Stevens?" Nomi smiled at him and closed the book. Stevens has been one of the most understanding people there is. He's respectful and always considers his actions as good or bad. He's a good fellow.

"Yeah, sorry I haven't chatted much with you, bro. Been busy. Well, to change the topic I just met 6 juniors who said they have a crush on you." He said with a chuckle. Nomi chuckles slightly, he doesn't care about his popularity. He just wants to be left alone.

"I see, I do hope they'll give me some space." Nomi simply said as he walks back to the building with Stevens. Stevens only chuckled.

"Dude, how did you even get girls? I mean, all I saw is you smile and wave. That's it! And yet you managed to get the lady's eyes just like that. Seriously, how did you do it?" Stevens asked in jealousy but laughed it off since Nomi was his friend. Nomi shrugged.

"I'm not sure what girls see me. If it's for my looks and title, then I won't make them mine." He said looking out the window. To be honest, he doesn't want any girls or guys. He just wants to be free.

"Well, they did say you're handsome and all that looks thing. Guess you won't have anyone ey?" Stevens chuckles and takes out his phone to check his messages and schedule.

"We got 15 minutes until class starts, so is there anything you want to do by then?" He asked, putting his phone back in his pocket. Nomi held onto the green ninja-like necklace he had hidden and closed his eyes.

"I want to go back to class and meditate a bit if that's okay?" He said, looking at Stevens. The other boy nodded.

"Sure bro, let's go." They both walked to class so Nomi can meditate calmly. Everyone knows to not bother Nomi when he's meditating. It's his way to calm his emotions. Everyone knows that.

Except for Randy.

"Why do I still have these?" Randy asked embarrassingly as he took out some of his stickers and notepads from his locker. He placed his new books and notebooks in there and took out his current one before locking the locker safely. He turned around only to see Nomi walk towards class. Randy forgot that Nomi is in his class too.

"Just great..." Randy had a big crush on Nomi since he first bump into Nomi last year. Nomi was kind enough to pick the books up for him while the other students laughed at Randy. He was embarrassed but Nomi's kindness made him feel butterflies in his stomach.

"Hopefully he didn't remember me." Randy sat down at the front of the desk while Nomi sat at the very end. It's more peaceful. The teacher, Mrs. Driscoll came in with her skeleton husband. How was the body has joints connecting the bones? No one has any idea. Nomi has a theory but it's a bit too much of a stretch.

"Alright, students. Let's start class. Open page 1 of your new senior textbooks so we can get started." Randy opened his notebook to write things down while looking at Nomi behind him. He sighed a bit as he looks at the whiteboard.

"Wake up, Randy. He will never like you." He whispered to himself and continued to focus on his class.