Part 15

H- They wake in a labyrinth of doors.

"Please no..." they beg the nothingness. "We were right there...And the - and in his arms, and the Daki's -" they're about to have a Panic attack. "Please..." they say to the lil gold line leading them through the labyrinth. "Please just take me right back..."

*I suppose I can do that* comes a voice from everywhere and nowhere at all.

*You have been rather entertaining...I'm curious to see where you go with this charade.*

"What?" Sam asks baffled, but no matter how much they call out for answers, the voice never replies.
--------------

On Daki's end, the key would begin to glow beneath the ragged tatters of Sams shirt.

C- Daki watched Sam with eyes wide with worry. He could feel their body grow limp in his hands. He blinked, then shook them gently in his grasp.

"Sam? S-Sam?" His eyes burned. His heart pounded. "Sam don't you fucking dare-- don't you--"

He put a hand to cup the side of their face. No pulse. His breath hitched in his chest. Tears beaded down his cheeks. "No." His voice came out in a whisper. "No, no. You can't do this to me."

He just got Sam back. After all this time. The only thing keeping him going was the thought of returning to them. Keeping them safe. Now they were gone, again. The only living person he cared about. He didn't want to endure that loss again.

A sob choked through his throat. He pulled Sam close to his chest, bringing them into a tighter embrace while crying into them. He couldn't see the glowing key from his position.

The Banded Daki watched uncomfortably, unsure how to react to all of this. He wasn't good with other people's emotions.

H- The key would begin to grow hot and glitter like a hot coal. In front of them, the air shifted and glimmered - much like the fake water one sees on the highway. A door fades into existence, there, just out in the murky water.

Inside the labyrinth of doors, Sam quickly followed the trail left for them. They wanted to get back - they needed to get back. They couldn't just leave Daki like that....It was just supposed to just be a small nap...What the fuck....They didn't know they'd actually just...*die*.

C- Daki hissed in pain, with the key practically pressed up against him from how he held Sam's body. He loosened his grip just slightly, then noticed the strong glow of the key. He sniffled, wiping his eyes on his shoulder, then looked down with more clarity. What was...?

His eyes drifted ahead to see the door gradually appear. His eyes widened in disbelief. The other Daki's jaw dropped. The surprises for him didn't seem to cease.

H- There is a glowing spot on the doors handle, bright and beckoning, all one need do is wade out to it and stick the key inside....Wonder what that does? Do you dare touch the fancy door?

C- Daki didn't move. Even with the mystery of it all, his friend just died, give him a break.
The Banded Daki, however stepped toward the door curiously. He glanced toward his grief-stricken counterpart, noticing the glowing key and reached out for it. The band-less Daki swatted his hand away with gritted teeth. "Don't you fucking touch them."

"I want to see what that key does." the Banded Daki insisted.

The Band-less Daki sniffed, hastily wiping his face, then handed the key over to his other self, who went forward and inserted it into the glowing lock.

H- Inside the labyrinth, Sam is suddenly ...kinda *yanked* forward through the winding passages and finally dropped in front of a familiar door. They stand there, breathless and dizzy from it, but eager to be back on the other side. They reach forward, put their hand on the knob - and are suddenly pulled forward by the door opening from the other side.