Part 7

H- Sam comes and goes over the next few days - bringing food, drink, and conversation to the giant when they could offer it - or he felt up to it. THey often brought him various drinks to try (tea, koolaid, coffee, flavoured water, cocoa), though never pushed him if he didn't feel like drinking them. They offered him puzzles, books, and even TV at times, though he didn't seem to enjoy the TV too much. Sam left the books in his cage with him, they never knew if he actually read them.

THe next time the door opens this day however, it's Isaac, and just Isaac. He's decked out in his usual gear, long sleeves and protective layers (vest, kneepads, thick gloves), and dons his normal unimpressed look as he pulls a stool up and sits on it in front of the giants cage. He stares at the giant for a long time, not speaking, merely thinking very hard on something. It seems to bother him greatly.

C- Daki sat up once Isaac approached, then stretched. His hair was all scraggly from sleeping on it, and it was clear he wasn't awake moments ago. He focused on Isaac, partly worried that the human was coming back for revenge.

"Fancy suit. You going on a date?" Daki kept his tone light.

H- He doesn't reply right away, head tilting down and to the side a bit in thought as he gnawed on a toothpick. His leg bounces. "What's your game, giant?" he asks finally - ignoring Daki's own question. Odd, given his pension for always replying to Daki's pokes.

C- Daki cocked his head, frowning slightly. "What do you mean by that?"

H- He looks irritated, though his tone contains confusion, "Like - what are you doing? Why are you still here? I saw the bruises on Sams neck - they never told me what happened, but I suspect they got a liiiitle too close to you, am I right?"

"And the other day...You let me go....Giants never let their prey go...So...why? You could have used me as bait - as a bartering chip - a ploy...It wouldn't have worked-" he shrugs, "But you didn't even try..."

C- Daki glanced down, running a hand through his hair. He looked... ashamed. "What happened with Sam was... an attempt to escape... I never wanted to hurt them... I didn't mean for it to go that far."

He sighed, glancing back up at Isaac. "Well there's your problem. You think you know everything about giants, but I managed to surprise you. Truth is, I won't hurt you because you seem important to Sam. You still piss me off, though."

He paused, frowning. "I just didn't want Sam to see me like that. That's why eating you was just between us, and wasn't going to be used as any sort of leverage."

H- He furrows his brows, only further confused. "why do you care so much about Sam?" he squints. "You're trapped here like an animal - where - I'm pretty sure you know - you will die worse than one, and Sam will be the one to do it...Surely you know this...So why do you care so much if you hurt them? If you hurt those they care about?"

Giants aren't exactly known for caring about anyone- baffling

C- Daki felt a clench of emotion in his chest at the thought and grimaced, looking to the side. The thought of dying here by Sam's hand bothered him deeply.

"There's stuff about me you don't know. Why I stupidly walked right up to them before getting trapped. You wouldn't understand,"

H- "I probably wouldn't - but try me anyway." he prods, his expression suspicious.

It's actually probably a terrible idea to tell him even half of the truth. He wouldn't understand, not even Sam understands, but at least they're willing to be skeptical. Isaac? Isaac thinks he knows everything.

C- Daki studied Isaac's expression carefully for a moment. He doubted he would be taken seriously if he told him everything.

"I was... friends with a human. They cared for me after I got banished. They were the only one who cared after the world turned against me... I lost them... Sam reminds me of this person."