The Proposal Ring: Blackmailed Hero

Percy's P.O.V.

Sharks, with strange names help a lot. Yes, they do, if you don't believe me. 

Benthedevil, yea that's what i am gonna call her from now. Benthedevil sent me off to Poseidon's palace. 

I got sharks to help me reach there. Benthedevil had sent 2 of her soldiers after me. I am betting 10 drachmas that there were more who were keeping an eye on me from secret. 

Like c'mon. Not bragging, but leaving me only with 2 soldiers would be like keeping a nuclear bomb planted in the midst of Empire State Building, and the bomb detonator was with Dionysus. Now, we cant actually afford that, can we?

The shark on whom I was sitting on was named Shitty. Yes, trust me, that's his name. Beside Shitty was Pity, his sister. She was too . . . talkative for my liking. 

Shitty said they was named by their father Messy, and he was named by his father, Rude. 

He must be the root of all problematic names. 

"We are here master." Shitty said. It was a 7 hour distance from Krakentis to Atlantis. And these sharks can travel master than most ships. 

The huge gates of Atlantis shone brightly in the sea light. As the sharks swan towards the gate, the door opened slowly, letting me in. Behind me, the two people went undercover and entered without anyone seeing them. 

"State your name and purpose." A mechanical voice announced as two spears blocked my way. They were controlled by automatons. Wonder tech if you ask me. 

"Percy Jackson. I am here to visit father." 

The two spears went back to their original position. 

The sharks stopped a few feet in front. I jumped down and continued walking to Poseidon's palace

Atlantis was as wonderful as ever. The first time I ever saw the palace, it was on the process of being destroyed. Now, it was getting reconstructed. Dad decided not to make it in Olympus style any more. Amphitrite herself was in charge of designing Atlantis.

Few people stopped to see me. Few greeted me. My neck was paining from all the bowing that I had to do. 

I turned back and saw that the two soldiers were still under cover. 

I couldn't just give away this wonderful palace to Benthesikyme. No, i couldn't. She would use all forces of Atlantis to invade Olympus and the underworld. It would be a bloody mess. 

Great, i am sounding britts.

Delphin, Poseidon's adviser and dolphin friend was the one who met me in front of the palace. 

"Perseus. Long time no see!" He exclaimed. I smiled. 

"Tough times. Where's Poseidon?" I asked him. 

"Oh, he's inside meeting with Hermes about something. Come in. I am sure he would like to meet you." 

I nodded and walked in following Delphin. He led me through the council hall to the personal meeting room of Poseidon. Grand place if you ask me. He himself has a council hall, a public meeting hall, a private meeting hall, a majestic game room, a Swimming pool bigger than the Olympic Swimming pool (a bit confusing with a swimming pool withing water, but Poseidon said it had hot water supply), several bedrooms and a massive banquet hall. And a whole lot of bathrooms and a kitchen beside the banquet hall. The kitchen of dad's palace was bigger than the one of Olympus. Trust me, i have been in both. 

True enough, father and Hermes were talking about something. Triton was there too. 

"My lord." Delphin announced his presence among the three gods.