Chapter 1✔️

It's pitch black and my eyes are barely able to recognize the pure darkness.

My head, on the other hand, is experiencing much more then just darkness, it feels like it's going to explode if I move in the slightest way. This pain is unbearably excruciating and consuming my thoughts, when I begin to notice noises creeping their way to my ears. Trying to focus, I listen intently only to hear a constant unbearable beeping. This produces a feeling of fear and my heartbeat begins to pound faster accompanying a sweaty feeling in my hands. That's when my ears focus on everything else including the sound of a mysterious man sobbing, very loudly.

Confusion courses through my mind, as my eyebrows scrunch in response.

His voice sounds broken as he says that he wants me -Jessica- to wake up, that it's all he has ever wanted. Repeating over and over how much he loves me and misses me. For some odd reason I don't think I've ever heard this person's voice before which causes panic to rise in my body. I have goosebumps all over me as I try to pry my eyes open, but I shut them quickly. They burn.

Keeping myself calm I breath in and out slowly trying to open my eyes again. This time they open with little effort and as I search for the source of the sobbing my eyes land on my lap where I see a bed of brown voluminous curls attached to the strange man. Pursing my lips and scrunching an eyebrow I try to figure out who he is which causes my eyes to widen in shock when I realize that I have no idea who he is. He's a stranger.

This definitely makes my headache worsen. My mind is foggy and no matter how hard I try I cannot seem to figure out who he is and why he's here?

I don't understand why there is an attractive unknown man in my bedroom and what the heck that foreign, infuriating, beeping I hear is?!

As I focus on my body I notice that unlike the burning pain in my eyes that went away my muscles and joints are throbbing, they feel excruciatingly tender. Groaning out loud the intensity of the volume begins to fade.

Glancing at my surroundings I realize that I am not in my bedroom. Instead, I am in a dull, bland room with white walls. As I examine the area I can recognize that it's not just any room, but rather a hospital room.

Searching my brain for a memory of why I am here, like the stranger I cannot find one. People come into the hospital for so many different reasons; life, death, sickness. What is my reason? Did I have a surgery? Was it my tonsils? Appendix?

Unfortunately, as I try to recollect my thoughts I realize the last memory I have, of myself, was stressing over entrance exams and applications for university. Knowing that all these tasks were life-changing, complex, and would effect my future didn't help. Most change scared me.

Breaking my thoughts, the male begins speaking, "Jessica you're awake! I was so worried about you. I thought I had lost you forever." peering over to my right I see his tall figure is now standing over me.

Scanning his face I notice that he has bright, captivating green eyes and the most plump lips I have ever seen.

As our eyes meet, he seems to be shocked. His eyes are so alarmingly wide. I am quite concerned for him especially when I spot that he is physically shaking as he makes his way closer to me leaning in for a uncomfortably long hug. His arms are wrapped around my abdomen, squeezing me so hard, I can barely breath. Who is he and why is he disturbing my thought process? And how does he know my name?

Just as I was about to question him a bundle of doctors and my parents appear at the doorway making there way in.

So, instead of talking to the stranger I completely ignore his weird presence looking at my mother I begin shouting. "Mum what the heck is going on here? And who's the freak with the cute green eyes? He hugged me and knows my name which is a little frightening," looking over at him I continue,"no offense."