Chapter 3: Little Master Is Not Coming Back

"Mommy, I'm done washing my hands."

After washing his tiny hands, the little dumpling skipped his way over to Lalisa and stared at her with his large eyes.

In the past, Lalisa hated it whenever he addressed her as 'Mommy'. However, because she was exceptionally gentle today, he couldn't help it. Would his mother scold him like before?

Upon hearing the little dumpling's voice and seeing the careful look in his eyes, Lalisa smiled gently and pacified him, "Then come and eat with me."

"Okay!"

Haru was overjoyed. His fair little hand carefully grabbed Lalisa's hand and sat beside her.

"Have some meat and some vegetables."

Haru buried his head in his bowl, his chubby cheeks bulging like a little hamster as he ate the food Lalisa had given him.

Under the light, Lalisa, who was helping herself with the food, looked exceedingly gentle and quiet. She had an aura that made people calm down. If not for her appearance, everyone would have thought that she was somebody else.

Looking at the harmonious atmosphere between the two of them, the servants felt emotional. Although Little Master grew up with a golden spoon in his mouth, Young Master was too busy and Miss Xia never cared about him. This child was actually quite pitiful.

The happy and innocent look on him was just like how a three-year-old child should be.

Estimating a child's appetite, Lalisa knew that he would be full after eating a bowl of rice. She then got someone to clear away the food.

In her previous life, when she was busy recruiting talents, she often had to skip meals. This caused Lalisa to suffer from severe gastric problems. Hence, after she had returned to the court and settled down, she developed the habit of taking a stroll after meals.

Before she entered the villa, she had taken a glance at the surroundings. The courtyard that the villa came with was much smaller than the imperial garden in her previous life, but it was still large enough for a walk.

"It's good for your health to take a walk after dinner. Let's go for a walk and then come back to shower and sleep, okay?"

"Alright!"

Given his luck today, Haru would agree to anything Lalisa said. He looked at Lalisa with his big eyes that were filled with trust and adoration.

Pinching Haru's adorable little face, Lisa put on her coat before helping him to put on his. Then, she led him to the courtyard.

The courtyard in front of the villa was about the size of a football field. The well-groomed flower bed emitted waves of soft fragrance and the occasional chirping of insects could be heard.

Lalisa strolled slowly with Haru. The gentle breeze caressed her face, making her feel pleasant.

From time to time, Haru would look up at Lalisa. Feeling Haru's dependence on her, Lisa's heart softened. She pulled Haru to the swing set in the courtyard and hugged him.

"Mommy, there are so many stars today!" Haru leaned into Lalisa's embrace. The smell of his mother made him feel extremely blessed.

"Well, of course. Do you know what star that is?"

Following Lalisa's finger, Haru saw an especially bright star shining in the sky.

"I know, Mommy. My teacher taught me that it's called Polaris."

Haru was young but intelligent. Going to kindergarten was only to put him in an environment where he could communicate with other children. Other than going to kindergarten, he also attended additional tuition. Therefore, compared to children his age, he was smarter and more knowledgeable.