The Boy Next Door

+++Hey guys, this will be a very short novel, with only a few chapters, please enjoy, vote and comment, thank you very much.+++

        Dillon ran out of his house as fast as his little legs could carry him, he couldn't wait to see Lily, he met her the day her family moved in, she was the girl that just moved in next door and they were going to be best friends.

        Seven year old Dillon stood on Lily's porch yelling for her to come out "Lily, come out and play,". He jumped with excitement waiting impatiently for Lily.

        Lily ran when she heard Dillons voice, she peeked past the curtain and through the window, waving at Dillon to grab his attention, Dillon waved his small hand at her to come out, "come on Lily, lets go play," he smiled at her.

        Lily looked over at her mom smiling widely , "Mom can I go out and play with Dillon, please." She begged.

        "Sure sweetheart just make sure you both stay in the back yard , ok, that way I can watch you from here," Daisy said to her young daughter, "I'lll call you when it's time for supper."

        "Ok mom," Lily said running for the front door, she opened the door wide to let Dillon in, "come on Dillon lets go play in the back yard, "Lily ran out smiling from ear to ear and took Dillon by the hand and ran to the back yard with him.

        They ran around and played until Lily got called back for supper. They became very close in a short time, Lily often invited Dillon and his older brother Ethan for play dates and supper, Dillon looked like his mother with blond hair with a white complexion while Ethan and black hair and a darker complexion. Ethan rarely came to play and their parents were always busy with the company that they owned and worked, they took a lot of pride in their work. There wasn't much of an age gap between the three, but, and even though Ethan was only three years older than Lily and Dillon, he was always reading a different book and telling Lily and Dillon stories or teaching them about whatever he was reading. Ethan always had a smile on his face and called Lily his Tulip, instead of by her mane, it confused Lily and she didn't understand it, but she never bothered asking him why, especially since she slowly saw less and less of him.

        Lily and Dillon played everyday, they were inseparable, one sunny day when they were exhausted from running around all day Dillon and Lilly sat on the swings holding hands, "Lily," Dillon asked, "Will you be my girlfriend?"

    **6 years later**

        Dillon watched Lily from across the hallway, she walked and laughed with her friends, she had a lot of friends, but Dillon was still her best friend, Dillon walked up to Lily took her hand and led her away. Lily and Dillon did this almost everyday and everyone knew it, Lily always let Dillon take her away, she followed behind him everywhere he went. The girls Lily was with looked at her with jealousy and a sigh as she is taken away from them.

    Dillon was always a cute kid and as he grew older he became popular with the girls and he liked the attention.

    Lily cocked her hip, flipped her long blond hair at Dillon, crossed her arms and frowned at him, "You can't ask me to be your girlfriend, you already have a girlfriend, Dillon."

        Dillon leaned on the wall at the back of the school, cool and relaxed, "Come on Lily, Donnas not really my girlfriend, she's just a friend, besides you know you'll always be my number one girl."

        "You know I am a one man woman Dillon and I would expect the same from you or any boy that asked me to be his girlfriend." Lily said sternly, she knew Dillon well, they grew up together, her answer was no as usual, but she had to admit it was getting harder and harder to say no to him.