Separation Anxiety (Part 1- Lullabies)

Yelling could be heard echoing off metal walls, paint, marker and the smell of crayons filled the room. Children ran up and down the playcentre steps seeming to be playing tag, every so often a child would walk up to you in the front desk, ask for a piece of paper and leave. This is what your life had come to, a children tamer.

You watched Sun's expression, he seemed to be having almost as much fun an the children. His smile could have pierced his face in half. You stared at him with almost disgust as he jumped around with the children, he let them hang off his body and catch them if they fell off. Every time he would catch you staring at him though, a casual smile would follow a wave back at you. 

Your face would flush every time, you didn't know why. He was a fucking robot, its not like he could feel love....

right...?

The daycare hit snacktime, the children all sat on the floor and ate their granola and milk cartons. You would think a PizzaPlex that is worth billions of dollars SIMPLY on their food supply would have better food for the children. But everyday, a child would ask me if they could take half my PB and J sandwich I pre-packed.

Sun watched the children eat near the front desk, I plugged his up to his charger as he eyed each and every one of the children. Sun has two rules, well alot more since i've come here. But one of his rules are 

"don't go on the playsets during snacktime"

Sun told you he sets his rules for reasons, he has never told you these reasons though. But from the way he is monitoring these children eating their food gave you the idea you didn't want to know why. His face wen't blank, the once happy little bundle of sunshine was replaced with a cold, dark grimace. It almost made you shiver, even if his gaze wasn't directed at you, it sent a chill down your spine.

"Why is the Sun man so serious?" You teasingly say.

"huh? OH, hehe... I uhm... d-didn't realize I was looking serious." Sun seemed to snap back to reality once you said that, his goofy smile and awkward aura returned as he tried to combat what you said. 

"W-well, hopefully during my month service check. They might be able to fix that." Sun chuckled, tugging at his charger.

"Monthly service check? What for, you seem fine" You questions, Sun's face seemed to droop when you asked that. It made you nervous

"There has been a computer virus going around, they check out servers monthly in hope they can catch it." 

"Well, you seem fine to me" You ruffled the top of his head. The sunrays on his head went back wards in wake of your hands, you knew they could go inwards, but not back too. You continued to pat Sun's head as he tried to explain more of what was going to happen to him, but seemed to stop his own words in their tracks. Sun looked like he could almost melt in your hands, it was surprising to you, to say the least. His eyes were half lidded, His body temperature rised, and if he could drool, he certainly would be.

But after a bit, he snapped back to reality being as shaky as ever. He unplugged himself and tried to calm himself down, and you could tell he was mentally facepalming from his act just now.

"Uhm.. I- I'm sorry Sunshine, I- I don't know what just happened there... seems that they have another problem of mine to fix" Sun frantically stared apologizing, but you stopped him once again.

"Its fine, it seemed like you were in heaven so I could blame you for that." You purred in responce. He tried his best to dodge eye contact with you, you chuckled at Sun's response.

"OOOooOOOooOh~ Ms. Y/N likes Mr.Sun!"

All the children were finished eating and you didn't even realize, now all of them were singing about you and sun making out in a tree. Despite the children clearly making fun of you, you laughed at the song. You haven't heard this song in years and it brought back so many memories, but for Sun it seemed to bring back bad memories. He just sat there with a painful smile, you could tell he absolutely hated his non-existent life right now so you had to stop the children before he lost him mind.

(Ah yes, the great lore Timeskip has blessed us once again.)

The children were silence, the daycare was clean. This was the one time of the work day you could relax, naptime. The only thing you could hear from the front desk was Moon playing his music box for the children. Moon would balance ontop of the play structure to watch all the children sleeping below, but sometimes you would catch a glimpse of Moon staring at you from above. Whenever you look up to make eye contact though, he looks back at the children as if nothing happens. 

Today was weird, Sun was taken for his monthly repairs before naptime. So today, you had to get all the children to sleep. You didn't like children, let alone the little monsters sleeping on you. The children were riled up enough, now you had to UNrile them in order for anyone to get and rest.

"Alright children, gather around." You protested, sitting in the middle of the play center. All the children gathered around you, all fighting for a spot on your lap. You didn't want to have to deal with this today but this was your best bet.

"Ms. Y/N." You heard next to you, a child with their head laying on your lap was tapping your shoulder for your attention.

"Aren't you going to sing us to sleep like Mr.Moon?" Their voice seemed to have alerted the other children and they all started to agree. Shit, now you have to SING. Hopefully these children are tone deaf because if not, they weren't going to like you very much anymore. You decided not to sing and simply hum, it was much better than killing these children's ear drums before they hit 21. The first song that came to your mind was Moon Music box, so without thinking you started humming Moon's Music box to the children around you.

You humming seemed to work to the children because after a while, you could hear the bxxing of snoring on all sides. Even the children who usually never sleep were put under your spell, maybe you WERE a good singer. Sun always sang the lyrics to the song, despite Sun and Moon having to connection. Sun still sang his heart away to the children during playtime, with those memories fresh on your mind you slowly transitioned from humming to singing the children to sleep.

And out the children went, they were all asleep. Despite them being asleep thought, you still continued singing. Only to find out you had one unknown listener peeking over your shoulder. You didn't hear the gates open when Moon walked back in, there was a harsh moment of silence shared between you two. Moon stared at you for a moment and you went from singing back to silently humming his song. After your eyes adjusted to the dark once again though, you could see the situation more clearly.

Moon was standing in awe of you, you thought he didn't say anything because he was angry. But really it was because he couldn't find the words. As you saw this, your face curled into a smug smile.

"The hell you smiling it?" Moon snapped back at you. Woah, his voice angry was something you didn't know you wanted to hear today. Moon turned away from you and climbed atop to play structures once again, his eyes not breaking away from you as you went back to singing.

Heh, seems you don't have a bad voice after all.