Chapter 21. "If you let me..."

Start from the beginning

“What was Zayn thinking? Its like he was trying to murder you.” I laughed to myself, but didn’t hear anything from Scarlett, in fact, she looked kind of sad.

“You okay?”

“Not that you care, but that was the nicest thing anyone has ever done for me.” She mumbled, speeding up. I slowed down my pace, almost stopping, and I just looked at the floor beneath me.

“Really?” I questioned, looking over my eyelashes. She nodded, and went up against a tree, sliding down and sat on the root of the ginormous tree.

“Yeah, go ahead, laugh… I know you want to.” I was a bit hurt, not going to lie. It hurt to think that I was that much of a horrible person, when in reality, I wasn’t. I just wanted her to stop looking at me negatively. Sometimes I missed it when we were best friends. Often I find myself just staring at her, and getting flashbacks of when we were younger…

[FlashBack]

Cheesy carnival music was playing in the background, and the smell of cotton candy, hot dogs, and popcorn filled my nostrils.

“C’mon Haz! It’s the last day before summer vacation ends, and we start high school, lets have fun!” Scarlett pleaded, jumping up and down, pulling on my sleeve in the process.

“I don’t know…”

“Pleaseeeeeee?”

“Uhhh-”

“Pretty please with peaches on top!”

“Peaches?”

“I don’t like cherries.” She shrugged, and walked over to a fountain thing. People were throwing in coins, wishing on some un realistic, un reachable wish, they knew wasn’t coming true. She dipped her hand in it, catching some water falling from a little hole that was supposed to be a bird’s beak. Before I had time to react, she poured the water on my hair. My eyebrows formed a knot, and I pouted.

“Just 1 ride.” I sighed.

“Yes1 Thank you! Thank you! Thank you!” We walked all around, moving, and dodging bodies, trying to get to our destination. A thousand sorry’s  later, we finally reached a ride.

“No. No. No. No.” I said, turning around quickly. One look at that mammoth looking death trap could send anyone into a freaked out mess, it had multiple twists, and turns, and loops.

“No, uh huh. Haz don’t do loop-dee-lops. Haz does straight lines- dee- straight.”

“What the hell is that supposed to mean?” she asked, eyebrows raised.  I just shook my head, refusing to go on the ride. I was about to walk away, when she pulled the cutest puppy dogface that you couldn’t say no too. Stay strong Harry, don’t give in, don’t give in, don’t give-

“Fine!” I yelled, stomping past everyone in the line, and pushing the kid that was about to go into the seat. I fastened my seatbelt around my torso, and so did Scarlett.

“Okay, everyone keep your hands and feet in the seat at all times.” The girl said in an enthusiastic voice. Another employee came over and checked our seatbelts, to make sure it was secured.

“Are you sure we’ll be safe?” I found myself questioning. 

“Yeah, don’t worry.” The employee said.  The ride started and I let out a scream,

“Ahhhhhh!” everyone turned to look at me. I opened my eyes, and found that we were going in a straight line.

“Oh my god Harry, shut up.” Scarlett said, nudging me obviously embarrassed, I decided to piss her off more.