Chapter 12 - It's okay to not be okay

Start from the beginning

He gives up cleaning up my face, and again, picks me up under my arms to put me on his hip. I snuggle my face in the spot between his shoulder and neck, letting my tears wet his skin.

We walk a couple of doors down, and Asher opens the door quietly. The lights were out, and Beckett was sound asleep in the bed.

Ash turns his bedside lamp on which immediately wakes Beckett up. "Asher, what's wrong? Is Baylor okay?" I hear Beckett get out of bed and put a hand on the bottom of my back.

"She's sick. I took her temperature, and it was 102.3. I didn't know what medicine to give her or how much. I think she has a pretty bad cold." Asher went in to tell him the symptoms I'm having, which Beckett agreed it was probably just a cold. "She been having a hard time this morning, emotionally so we have been really cuddly this morning."

"Yeah, this can be a little overwhelming for you, huh Baylor?" I nod my head, which is still in the crook of Asher's neck. "I'm going to listen to your lungs. Take three deep slow breaths, okay?"

I do as I'm told, coughing as I do, as I feel a round thing on my back. Beckett then asks some questions regarding how I'm feeling since my episode yesterday.

"My muscles hurt and my head."

He give my head a kiss, "Yeah, those should get to feeling better today. Let's go get you some medicine though."

Asher continues to carry me down the stairs, following Beckett. Beckett gets me what I need and some more juice. It was a really nasty medicine, but at least, I had my juice to drink it down with.

Asher than goes to the living room and turns on the TV. He lays down on the couch, and lays me across him, getting the blanket from the back of the couch and putting it over me. I turn my head sideways so I can see the TV, which makes me smile because he turned on Hannah Montana.

He absolutely hates this show.

 Soon, Baylor was fast asleep, drooling on my chest

Soon, Baylor was fast asleep, drooling on my chest. This brings back so many memories. We did this when she was a baby. Dad would lay her on my chest, and I would watch TV while she slept. And now, here we are again.

Not an hour after being down here, I here someone run down the stairs. I don't even have to look to see who it is. I know it's the overprotective, daddy-bear Kingston.

"Is everything okay? It scared me when I didn't see you two in her bedroom."

I sigh. "Kingston, everything is fine. She has a bit of a fever though. Beckett gave her some medicine, and then she fell asleep watching this awful show."

He looks up at the TV and grimaces at what's on it. I don't know why this show amuses Baylor so much, but if this is what she wants, she shall get.

"Oh crap. I have an important meeting today. Maybe the other CEOs will be fine with just Kellan, but they wanted both of us. Maybe-"