Is There an Echo in Here?

Art above from: ScribblesaurusRex on Pinterest

- Ahsoka meets the Bad Batch

This mission is harder than it needs to be.

Ahsoka was sneaking around the Neshig sector. A section that resides in the inner rim. She was trying to build up her standing in the Rebellion. Only recently was tracked down by Bail Organa, who was leading the rebel's efforts. If only from afar.

The Corvanni system was the location of Ahsoka's first mission. She had done a lot of research and apparently, the Neshig sector is full of thieves and bounty hunters. Not a fairly close community, but outsiders are not treated well.

Ahsoka needed information if she was going to become Fulcrum. There are a lot of informants scattered across the galaxy. Neshig is a connecting point. Information travels fast when it is presented in front of people from all over. Someone here would know about most of the underground work going on. Especially from within the Empire.

Since they love their bounty hunters so much, Ahsoka will make it their weakness by having someone on the inside.

She had been infiltrating the community for two rotations. Trying to see who would turn against the Empire and who to avoid at all costs. Ahsoka is going to meet with one of the candidates at sundown. The contact has valuable information and a good heart.

Yet it is never too safe to double check.

It was getting increasingly more difficult to do so.

These double crossing bounty hunters prey on her relentlessly. It is getting harder and harder to tell who is working for the Empire and who is just targeting her because she is new.

She doesn't want to use the force unnecessarily in case there are any Inquisitors around. Or in the off chance someone catches her. Then she might as well kiss the universe goodbye, because then she would have to deal with Darth Vader. She is not without weapons. She has both her lightsabers concealed in her boot and a blaster on her hip. Ahsoka doesn't know much about the dark lord. Only what he has done. Better be cautious then defenseless

Which is why having an informant that is a part of a trade the Empire uses is so important.

Which is why Ashoka must use whatever diplomatic skills she has acquired over the Clone Wars. Which is why she cannot fail.

Ahsoka ducked into an alleyway. Her surroundings are already getting darker. From what she had heard, the informant only comes at sundown in the Backtown Bar. So that the meeting is hidden in the bar. Therefore, the informant keeps themselves anonymous. It is a good trick.

Yet it makes Ahsoka's job a bit more tedious.

As soon as she walked into the bar, the heavy smell of bitter alcohol came to greet her. The slowly changing colors in the lights contrasting the bass boosted music filling the whole building. Ahsoka ducked her head and made her way to the bar. The sooner she had a glass of cheap liquor in her hand the sooner she could blend in.

Each step was rattled by the music, shaken at the foundations. Her mind was being whipped by the slowly changing lights. Going lucidly from warm colors to cool. She used her calm stare to survey the crowd. Even though it was only sundown, there were already a lot of people drunk. Drowning their hard lives and ignoring thinning wallets.

As she looked around, she already found at least ten bets, two drug deals, and several pick pockets. Ahsoka doesn't see any information exchanges by the time she reaches the bar.

The bar itself is in the basement of a run down apartment building. The apartments only go up three stories. And are home to many gang industries. In the basement, the floors have been modified so that the bar at the center of the room is raised over the tables. There are steps leading up to the bar and a raised platform going from the door to the alcohol. Motivating the customer to go straight to the bar and spend money.