CHAPTER 50. Sugar High

Start from the beginning

"Who's horrible?" I turned my head and smiled, seeing Cross. I grabbed his arm and pulled him into the room.

"Fin took my food, like stealing from a starving child- he's a murderer,"

Cross raised an eyebrow. "That escalated, he's a murderer now?"

I nodded. "Yes, kick his ass, pretty please?"

Dune looked like he was dying with laughter, did that make me a murderer too? Then again, he's already dead, so only Fin is a murderer. I feel so much better now!

Cross picked me up and set me on the counter. "How much sugar?"

I smiled sweetly. "A whole container of whipped cream, some chocolate sauce, and a shit ton of strawberries and sprinkles."

Cross glared at Fin. "Are you trying to kill her?"

Fin looked away and I swore he pouted. "She asked so cutely, I couldn't refuse," he admitted.

"We need self control," Dune agreed and looked at me as I kicked my legs forward and backward, hitting the cupboard under the counter. "Do you feel sick, Raven?"

"No, can we go outside and play tag?" I asked and widened my eyes. "I won't have so much energy if we do,"

"Sure, up we go," Cross threw me over his shoulder, and I reached out, grabbing Fallon's hand, tugging him forward as Cross walked out the front door.

"Lion! We're playing a game outside," Cross shouted, and the vampire was there in mere moments.

"I miss NIcholas," I sighed as Cross put me down. "Can we call him and tell him we're playing?"

Dune pulled at his phone. "I can't promise-"

"For the love of all things holy, just call, you know how she gets when she had sugar, " Lion whispered and I huffed, crossing my arms.

"How do I get?! Say it to my face," I pointed at my face and Lion walked over, kissing my nose.

"You know How You get, cute little monster," Lion said in a light praising tone, appeasing me.

"NIcholas is on his way," Dune announced and I clapped in delight.

"Fin, you're it," I shouted and ran to the left, laughing. I gasped as hands grabbed my hips, and I was placed on Dune's shoulders. I grinned and turned my head, sticking my tongue out at Fin.

He rolled his eyes and I lost sight of him as he chased Lion at abnormal speed. I pushed at Dune's shoulders suddenly, seeing my Nicholas, and Dune panicked as I jumped off his shoulders.

I tumbled to the ground and waved at NIcholas wildly. "NIcholas! We're playing tag! Lion is it now!" I shouted and tilted my head to the side as he walked over, green eyes warm.

I touched his shoulders as he bent down and kissed me with a brief but firm kiss. "I missed you, Raven, and now that everything is cleared up with the police, you'll be seeing me more."

I touched his hair, straining up on my toes. "Good, because otherwise I'd have to find you,"

His lips curved. "Wouldn't want that," I frowned as he stepped back with knowing eyes. A hand touched my back firmly and I pouted as Lion touched my back.

"Oh no, I'm it, go easy on me?" I pleaded, my voice a loud cry across the field of our front yard.

"Since when do we go easy on you princess?" Cross called, making me frown.

Boo, no fair, After I chased them so long I felt like crying, Cross especially teasing me, he finally let me tag him and he chased after Fallon, the two disappearing into the woods.

"Welp, there goes our game, goodness know they're going to get freaky in the woods," Dune mused and put his hands into his pockets.

I sighed and dropped to the ground, sitting in the grass wearily. "Tired baby?" I looked up at Nicholas and nodded, my high crashing, leaving me wanting to be a cranky bitch. "Come on then," NIcholas offered his arms to me. "Want to take a nap with me?"

Playing the whole thing up, I nodded, rubbing my eyes and reaching for him. "Yes,"

Nicholas held me in his arms and I laid my head in his neck, yawning. "I haven't really slept the past day, I was on an adventure," I whispered.

Nicholas seemed intrigued. "Oh?"

"Mmhmm, yeah, I escaped the house and went out to eat, then, I kicked a werewolf," I mumbled and yawned again. "Cross and Lion weren't happy, they spanked me," I frowned with my eyes closed comfortably. "That was probably the most effective punishment ever,"

Nicholas laughed and kissed the top of my head, walking into the house. "Noted, wanna change into pajamas? Or straight to bed?"

"Jamas," I said sleepily and raised my arms over my head as he sat me on the bed. Nicholas laughed but pulled my shirt over my head, switching it was a fresh pajama top.

I wiggled out of my pants and fell back into the blankets, eyes closed. "Ni-colas," I sighed and reached for him as he slid beside me.

"You're cute when you're tired," he told me.

"Shh," I ordered and curled into him.