Chapter Eleven

Day 3

Last night was very strange.

I went to sleep thinking about Luca and I woke up this morning thinking about him, as well. He has a way of getting into your head without you wanting him to. I swear he's doing this on purpose; he knows exactly what he's doing. My only problem is the fact that I can't shake him off. Every thought this morning has been about Luca and wondering what he is going to do or say today.

Instead of going to Disney World separately, Luca and Casey get dropped off at the beach house. We all sit around and eat breakfast, so we won't have to buy anything for a while until lunch time. Everyone here has been to Disney World already, except for myself, so I'm excited to see what it has to offer. I've been wanting to go to Disney World ever since I was a little kid. However, once my dad got sick and started battling cancer for years, we were drowned in medical bills. We didn't have the funds to pick up and go whenever we wanted to. I am glad I get to experience the place where dreams come true, along with two of my friends.

Since it's still fairly early in the morning, no one is talking much. I finish my breakfast and clean out my dishes, before heading outside to sit on the patio. It seems like the water is calm early in the morning and late at night. I'm not used to views like this, so I am going to soak up every moment I can. My eyes stare at the soft waves and I take a deep breath, the smell of the sea filling my nostrils.

I hear the patio door slide and I don't turn around because I have an inkling of who it is. If I ignore him, then he'll hopefully go away.

"You look nice today." Luca sits down directly beside me.

There is a faint smell of Irish Spring that radiates off of his body.

"Thank you." I say, looking at him.

His brown eyes trail from my eyes to my lips. He isn't exactly subtle about it. It is never going to happen to he can stop looking at my lips while he is ahead of himself. He licks his lips and scratches the back of his head, after I glare at him. He's lucky I even said thank you.

"This is the part where you tell me I look nice, too." He chuckles.

"My mom always told me to not say anything if I don't have anything nice to say."

"Ouch." He raises his eyebrows. "Exactly what I have done to you?"

"You exist." I shrug my shoulders. "That's a good enough reason."

"I would never have expected you to be this mean." He shakes his head, laughing.

"I'm not mean."

"I've been trying to make conversation with you. And all you've done is be mean." He counters back.

"I apologize if you feel that way." I state.

Luca stares at me for what feels like forever. He probably isn't used to people talking to him like this. However, I'm not one of the people who would rather be fake with him than to be honest. I will tell him that I don't like him or what he stands for on any given occasion. He hasn't given me a reason to like him, so why should I?

"How about we start over?" He says.

"We never started in the first place to start over." I cross my arms over my chest.

There is just no reason why he should be talking to me. We have nothing in common. It's not like we have to be friends in order for Mr. Santon's business deal to work either. It all just seems so irrelevant to me.

"Maybe I want to get to know you." He deeply stares into my eyes. "Have you ever thought about that?"

"No." I shake my head. "I don't think about you. So I definitely don't think about you wanting to get to know me."

"How come you barely talk to anyone at school?" He ignored my statement.

Why does he even pay attention to me? I sit behind him in psychology class. It's hard to miss him, since he sits right in front of me.

"I do talk. I just don't have friends in that class."

"Interesting."

"Why do you sell drugs and alcohol to minors?" I ask him.

His mood instantly changes, as he scowls at me and stands up. He pushes his chair back into the table and says to me, "we should go back inside."

I don't really know what to say. I just stare at him with wide eyes for a moment, before getting up and going inside the house.

•••

It's been so long since I have updated. I hope you all are enjoying the story!