My thoughts all blurred together,

as I laid curled in my bed trying to gloss over the last few days of my life. I tried to decipher between the fact that it had all been real and wasn't some sick dream I had witnessed while deep in my slumber.

I couldn't even rake through my brain for how many days had passed since I had had my first feeding. One, maybe two... possibly three days had gone by where I didn't even have the energy to exit my bedchambers.

After Sawyer had somehow dragged me back to my bedroom, I didn't want to, but I knew I needed to be alone. He had spent the hour, I had tolerated his overbearing presence, frantically pacing around my room trying to find solutions for the bloodlust I would soon experience, but it wasn't his burden to carry. I had grown tired, and soon after dismissed him because it was my fight, and no one else's.

Days later, I had stayed planted in the exact same spot he had left me in, and hadn't conjured up a single solution to my impending frenzy. I didn't know if I wanted to. Something about the ache of my gums, the rumble of my starving stomach, the heated sweats that drenched my entire body made me feel normal for once. It was pain, but it was a torture I had long yearned for.

I also hadn't expected it to happen fast, but the scorching temperature of my body had been almost instant. I had woken up in the middle of the night to my body burning up. It was so hot, so unbelievably simmering. It had felt as if my skin would melt off if the slightest touch were applied, yet it was one touch that I knew could cure it. One person that could solve my every problem.

My hands swiped across my sweat covered forehead, moving my unruly hair back. A sound akin to a sigh escaped my dry lips, making me become hyperaware of my sensitive fangs piercing through my aching gums. It had been like this for days now, and I hated how my body was no longer in my control.

"Fuck," I muttered as I swiped the covering I had been wrapped in away from my previously shivering body.

I had never expected it to come so fast and abruptly. I had no clue on how I would be able to find someone to help bring me a servant that could help quench the growing hunger floating through my body. If I asked Sawyer, then I'm sure someone would become suspicious if they saw him bringing a servant to my room that wasn't already assigned to my quarters. Even if that plan did work out, it wouldn't be enough; they wouldn't be enough for me. But getting addicted to that one female wasn't an option, so I could never feed from her again.

I didn't know what it was about that girl, but she had taken hostage of my mind. The way her skin smelled so pure and clean, but had a hint of cinnamon and floral notes, too. The long cascade of dark brown hair that messily swayed perfectly in the middle of her back. My father order every worker to have their hair pinned up neatly, but she hadn't adhered to that rule and it made me wonder what other commands she had broken or wanted to. There was surely a fire within her, and I'd never wanted to get burned so badly.

I still remembered the way her body had felt against mine. How each tremble of her bones sent a rattling shiver down my own spine, as if her feelings were mine to share. My head shook in contempt as I tried to get her out of my head. No matter how hard I tried, I couldn't stop replaying the little sounds she made in my mind. Or how her body reacted to my wondrous touches.

A low growl released from my lips as my incisors ached almost as much as my weighty body had been. Every second was excruciating, and yet I continued to bask in it because I had never felt closer to being normal than I had these past few days.