Welcome a glimmer of truth Irumi-chan!

Start from the beginning

The thought of those two humans bringing him such rage. "I merely did what was right, Irumi.." Sullivan closed his eyes, breathing out. "Go on and unwind, pumpkin." Sullivan directed with a soft smile and a tired gaze.

Not catching any of this, Irumi smiled and nodded, skipping up the last few steps with an oh so familiar melody humming past her smiling lips as she rushed upstairs. For a mere moment, Sullivan's vision changed. Seeing a young human woman with vibrant, sparkling long light blue hair swaying behind her and a demon as impossibly powerful as he was tall further inside, his hand outstretched and a supercilious smirk on his lips revealing fearsome sharp fangs.

The old demon's black heart shuddered. Pained at watching Irumi leave his sight. Feebly, the weak feeling clung to him with that pain and fear, strong and grip unyielding. He simply couldn't stand the thought of him failing anymore then he already has.

The thought of Irumi falling from his grasp-from his mere sight and hold..it hurt. The Archdemon looked down, breathing out. Internally steeling himself for what he will have to tell her soon, so soon, perhaps even too soon.

"..sir?" Opera voiced out in uncertainty. The lost and pained expression on their master's face brought Opera to a true loss of words. "Opera, please prepare some tea and bring it up to little Irumi's room. I have..a long discussion to share with her. It may be the best time for it." Sullivan breathed out. Opera bowed immediately, "yes sir." They said and quickly got to preparing inside the kitchen.

Sullivan huffed out another sigh for the third time in a row; that tired, fearful ache staying with him as he carried on inside; his steps deceptively fluid in movement as he walked into his manor and straight into his basement, unlocking a secret compartment just before reaching the waters and pulling out a photo album, dusting it off gently, his touch tender and careful with the aged book.

"To think...I won't be able to add more photos of you both with little Rumi..how cruel..this existence is.." Sullivan muttered, gripping the large photo album close. He took in a slow breath in, filling his lungs as he thought back to hundreds of years ago. Such glorious years those were.

Wistfully, Sullivan laid his palm on the front cover, a small spell chanted in his mind. The book glowed violet briefly before fading. And with the spell finished, Sullivan carried on upstairs. Heart heavy as he trekked to Irumi's bedroom.

Beyond the closed door, Irumi finished changing. Now in a pair of black sweats and a mint colored sweater with a bat detailing design. She was in front of her new vanity Opera had recently set up near her wardrobes and by her door. Her hair tie set on the tabletop as she peered at herself in the mirror, brushing her hair slowly as she hummed that soft tune.

Behind her door, simply standing there in the hallway, Sullivan had a firm grip on the photo album, his other arm outstretched, his hand curled in a trembling fist. Hesitant to knock.

Hearing Opera walk up behind him, a tray with tea in their hold, Sullivan took in another slow breath, as if gasping for air before being submerged by troubling waters. His shoulders tensing, Sullivan rapted a soft knock upon Irumi's wooden doors.

"Hm?" Irumi hummed, looking up and towards her door in confusion. She set her hairbrush down. Getting up from the soft stool at her vanity, making her way to the door. Finding it strange her grandfather hasn't already opened the door immediately after the knock. "Yes?" She called out, opening up the door and peered up at her grandpa and Opera, a little startled at the solemn expression on her grandfather's face.

"Grandpa..?" Irumi called out, blinking and a worried look taking over. "Is everything alright?" She asked, hoping it isn't anything she has done.