"Robin what are you so afraid of? Do you not have the same feelings?" he asks stepping a little bit closer to me.

"...I do, but that's not the issue."

"Then what is it?"

"I don't feel like having this conversation right now," I said turning back around waiting for more people to come in.

"Alright," was all he said before I assume he just went back to what he was doing before.

——

"You need a ride home?" Steve asked as he locked the door.

"I think I'm gonna bike home," I say pulling the bike out of the trunk of his car.

"You sure?" he asked walking over to me.

"Yeah I'll be fine," I replied as he helped me get it out of the car.

"See you tomorrow," he said pulling me into a hug. I hugged him back before getting on the bike starting to leave. The reason I didn't want Steve to take me home is because I have plans of going somewhere else.

It took me about 30ish minutes to get to Dani's house. Once I was in front of her house I took a deep breath hopping off my bike and pulling it around to her window. I grabbed the latter near me and pulled it closer to her room. I started climbing up it trying not to look down. I knocked on her window a few times before she came over and opened her curtain. Once she saw me she opened her window.

"Robin?" she asked in a confused tone but with a small smile on her face. "What are you doing? Come inside," she told me pulling me into her room.

"Was just biking around the neighborhood and decided to stop by," I lie crossing my arms.

"You live on the other side of town," she states giving me a look.

"Well I got off of work and was like on my way ho-," I tried explaining but was cut off with her laughing.

"You don't need to explain yourself Buckley. But is there a reason you stopped by?" she asked messing around the pearl bracelet on her wrist.

"Uh no not really. I guess I'm just not ready for today to be over because then you know schools on Monday and um yeah," I say letting out an awkward laugh.

"Oh ok. Well we can definitely do something. I don't know, do you wanna go on a walk or something?" she suggested still messing with her bracelet.

"Yeah that sounds good," I say shoving my hands in my back pockets. She nods her head as she starts going down the latter and I follow behind. Once we're down we start walking along the sidewalk.

"So you know how we were asking each other questions the other day?" Dani brings up looking over at me. I just nodded my head, "Well you never got to finish answering the question I had asked. You know about the person you liked..." she says with her voicing trailing off at the end.

"Oh that. Um yeah I've only ever liked one person," I tell her looking off into the distance. Beyond the houses, where the trees are, I can see them start to shake. I tried ignoring it but it was continuous.

Shit.

"Dani, we need to go back to your house right now. Can I use your phone?" I asked turning around to her.

"Oh um yeah? We just left though," she says pointing back to her house only a couple houses away.

"Yeah I know I just really need to call someone," I say it a rushed voice.

"Ok," she says as we start walking back and in no time we're back into her room. I dial Steve's number and wait for him to answer as it rings. Dani's sitting down on her bed writing something in a notebook. Finally I reach someone on the other line, "Hi Mrs. Harrington! It's Robin, is Steve home by chance?" I ask her before I hear her yell Steve's name off in the distance. It doesn't take too long for him to get on.

"What's up?" he asks in a chill tone.

"The Mind Flayer, it's back," I say in a hushed voice not wanting to bring Dani into the mess.

"What?" he asks.

"I forget you can't hear," I say rolling my eyes even though he can't see me. "The Mind Flayers back," I say a little louder.

"The macaroni's fine?" he says in a questioning tone.

"Fuck Steve. The Mind Flayers back you idiot," I say loudly causing Dani to look over at me with a confused face.

"Oh yeah definitely what I thought. But you mean like the giant blood monster we killed?"

"Yes dingus the giant blood monster," I say.

"The giant what?" Dani questions getting off the bed.

"I'll tell you in a little," I say before hanging up the phone.

a/n:

guys i swear spring break is going by so fucking fast- it's already wednesday...

anywayss

i wanna hear your thoughts on how this is book is so far and if there's anything i could improve on!

I JUST SAW BUT THANK U FOR 1K READS <333

(word count: 1316)