Wali-۳

" I knew he reminded me of someone!" Muhsin Ghaazi glared accusingly at Ghulam Ali Qizilbash who had an equally challenging stare set on him.

" I'm not too happy to see you either" Ghulam Ali scowled at the man in front of him, his own stance mirroring his battle form.

Huzaifaa and Manaahil looked at their fathers having a staring match right in the living room, their mothers just as confused as them.

" Kanjar Muhsin" Ghulam Ali muttered angrily.

" Khota Ghulam" Muhsin returned the favour.

" Will someone tell us what this childish behaviour is about?" Manaahil said in exasperation and both the older men turned to look at her, their gaze softening almost instantly.

" You don't worry about it Baby" Muhsin smiled warmly at his daughter.

" It's nothing Little One" Ghulam Ali gave her a fatherly look of assurance.

Huzaifaa who was playing with her fingers stealthily under her dupatta, looked up surprised when he heard his father being so soft with Manaahil. If it would have been him who asked that question, his father would surely have had some colourful words for him but Manaahil got Little One and a smile!

Guess that's the difference between being a son and daughter. One gets endless pampering and the other, endless scolding. It wasn't difficult to figure out which one is for whom!

" Then why are you both growling at each other?" Huzaifaa raised his eyebrows at both the men who had gone back to their staring match.

" Shut up Huzaifaa" they both said at the same time and even managed to stifle the little smile that was forming on their lips.

Huzaifaa rolled his eyes at the two overgrown babies and got up buttoning his blazer, held a confused Manaahil's hand and pulled her along with him.

" I'm taking my fiancee out for dinner. Call me when you both are ready to talk to us like adults and not petulant children" he scowled at both their fathers and heard his Mama snicker behind him.

Manaahil had an amused smile on her face and she blew her parents a flying kiss before happily trailing behind her man who didn't let go of her hand even for one second.

" I bet it's something silly that they're fighting about" Huzaifaa said in an annoyed tone.

Manaahil found him too cute right then and she leaned over and kissed his cheeks before settling down in her seat, smiling goofily on her own.

" What are you laughing at!" He frowned and she burst out into giggles.

" You're an exact replica of your father!" She laughed seeing his frown deepen.

" Just pray that our children take after their mother and not me because there's only so much attitude I can handle in a lifetime" Huzaifaa shook his head in self reprimand and she didn't have any control over her laughter after that.

His attitude and sassiness is surely going to come bite him in the behind!

" Where would you like to go?" He asked a still giggling Manaahil, his heart full of love for his woman.

This amazing, beautiful, wonderful woman that he gets to call his own!

" You've still not fulfilled that promise of yours!" She complained with narrowed eyes when she remembered something.

Huzaifaa looked at her in confusion because as far as he remembers, he has always kept his word.

" What promise?" He raised his eyebrows and expertly maneuvered the car out of the huge circular driveway.