Hastinapur's reaction- new conspiracies

Start from the beginning

Aswatthama, 'And I must say Magadharaj is a genius. Using spies, tricks, civil wars to win over a kingdom, are not adharm but a sign of intelligence.

Duryodhana, 'So the bottom line is even after knowing all the Dharm and having a Dharmraj on the throne of Yuvraj, we still are the losers.'

Dhritarashtra, 'We have to do something as soon as possible.'

Bheesm, 'Maharaj we need to dismiss the court and arrange an emergency meeting to address the problem.'

After the meeting they had decided that enough as enough and they needed to stop Magadhraj from proceeding any further and this time one of his own would betray him.

Kunti's chamber,

For last few months everything in Kunti's life was disturbed. She was thinking how hard she tried to reach in her position but now everything was getting out of her hand. She was the beloved daughter of Yadavas but just to fulfill her father's wish, she had to leave her home, her family and stayed with king Kuntibhoj. No one asked for her opinion, nobody understood the mental condition of the kid how did she feel when just to fulfill others' whim she had to leave everything including her name Pritha that she had from her birth behind. Then came her responsibilities as a princess. No one thought that she was just a little girl, everyone expected perfection from her....even her adopted father. Then came Rishi Durvasha.....how could a father order a 15 years old kid to serve that sage famous for his anger. Her father thought, if she got a boon it would be beneficial for Kuntibhoj but if she got a curse then it would be the responsibility of the yadavas. But she had served the sage with utmost devotion. But that boon turned into a curse. Her curiosity had lead into a devastating situation. But at least her friend Priyamvada helped her to get rid of that sin. Priya wanted to slit the throat of the baby and bury it but she denied. It would be a great sin to kill a newborn baby, so she put it in a basket and float it in Ganga. By doing this she would not have the sin of killing a newbor but could also get rid of that sin. She was sure that no baby could survive this.

After her marriage she was happy as now she could be the queen of the prosperous empire of the Kurus. Though her husband was the youngest, still would be the sole queen as her brother i law was blind and sister is law blindfolded herself. Her joy had no bound when she were welcomed but again her husband had to leave for the war. She was happy that that at least now she could be the queen but again her husband came back with a new bride. She wanted to kill Madri but she could not express her desire as she had a reputation of pious woman to protect. Her welcoming of the new bride had impressed the elders and they were happy for her. Then all she wanted to get pregnant soon and had a strong son who could be the heir of the kingdom. Again fate had betrayed her when her husband got the curse. She was enraged on her husband when after getting the curse, he wanted to leave for the forest. That damn cowerd....after getting the curse, did not want to face the subjects as they might consider him a bad omen of a king. She was also forced to travel with her husband and sister queen to the forest. But at least one thing was good as she could get sons from the devs in the forest. Really luck favored her this time. Her son became the eldest while Gandhari's sons were considered as bad omen. Kunti smiled....yes it was her who with her sweet nature had won Vidur's heart and planted the seeds of doubt on his mind that the spawns of Gandhar could never be good. Also the bad weather don't he night of Duryodhana's birth helped her and Vidur to spread the words that Gandhari's sons were evil. No Kunti felt no regret.......she did it for her sons. Since childhood no one thought about her then why should she think about others. She because of others' decisions had suffered a lot and now she just wanted a good position for her sons. Afterall she was the mother. 

Kunti remembered that she never wanted to share the mantra with Madri. It was her husband who forced her to share it with her, so she gave her the mantra asking her to use it only once, but that cunning woman had called both Aswinkumar's to get two sons together (Ref- Katha Amritsaman by Nrisinghprasad Bhaduri). She was enraged but again kept quite. Then came the biggest tragedy for her life. Her husband and sister queen could not control themselves and then her husband's curse became fruitful. He died but one good thing was that Madri also committed sati. Good for her otherwise Kunti would make her life a living hell. After coming back to HP she did everything to show her righteousness and purity to everyone. She also became quite successful in spreadingthe words about her sons' greateness. Their Dharma sense, their valor became a famous topic in entire Aryavart. She also trained her sons so well that they could not even take a step without her permission. She knew that in the patriarchal society the man can only sit on the throne but she would be the main force who would be going to control everything from behind. Her sons would be the face where she would be the brain. Everything was fine but then the Magdha war. That cursed Magadha king had destroyed all. Though the Pandavas still had many supporters but a few of the common subjects were doubting their abilities. Kuti's spies informed her everything that how Magadha was getting popularity among the common folks. She tried to talk to Yudhistir about it but he dismissed it saying that they had the blessings of the bRahminsa and soon the lower class people would understand that Magadha was doing Adharma and they themselves would come back to them. But Kunti understood that her position in the palace was started shaking. Till now she was the most respected royal woman, after all she was the mother of the crown prince, mother of the most powerful warriors, she also had support of KUntibhoj and Dwarka. After the news that Dwarka renounced all ties with Hastinapur and made an alliance with Magadha was a huge shock to her. How could her family do this? Yes she acted rudely to them but that was not her fault. The Yadavas wanted her son to marry a Gopa girl, so in compensation she demanded entire Vrindavan...what wrong did she demand? But her wretched brother not only rejected her proposal but banished her from Dwarka. Now this Magadharaj....he was hell bent to destroy Hastinapur. He even had banga under him now. No she would not allow it. She had to do something to make her sons position stronger. For that she could go to any length and after talking to Vidur she had decided what to do.