Attack on Magadh

A boring chapter with the preparation for the upcoming war. Please forgive me for the delay as I have an important meeting on Friday. So I will be late again.

And thanks to our beloved _Historywriter_ for the lovely cover.

Magadh,

The crowd cheered Aditya's name. They went crazy after seeing Jarasandh's death as now their days of oppression were finished. Jarasandh's close confidants who were also part of his reign of terror were also arrested. Then Vishnugupt announced, 'All hail to Maharaj Aditya.'

Everyone, 'Hail to Maharaj Aditya.'

Karna raised his hand to stop them, then he said, 'All citizens of Magadh, I want to say something to you which is important for the future of Magadh, so please listen to my words carefully. Fist of all, I am not a Kshatriya....I am a Suta by gotra. I always hate the division that separates us from each other other and create a sense of superiority or inferiority in us. To attain knowledge I went to many places but no one accepted me. At last Bhagwan Parshurm and Brhammaguru Viswamitra accepted me as their student. Whatever I am today is because of them.' Then he bowed down in front of his Gurus and touched their feet. Both of the sages blessed him.

Then he again said, 'I don't know if you want a low born like me to be your king or not but I want to ask something to all of you. When Jarasandh tortured you, molested your mothers, daughters, wives, sister, then why did not you resist. I know it is not possible to resist alone but why did not you team up together and tried to save yourselves and others?'

One citizen said, 'Maharathi Aditya we are not as strong as you.'

Karna, 'Mahashay, to fight the tyrants one does not always need celestial weapons or super human strength. The main thing is your own confidence and will to help and fight for others. May Jarasandh had a special boon but his ministers, army chiefs were all normal human beings. Still you all stayed quite. You know why you could not do anything then but today you all became successful to fight with those evils. Because today you fought unitedly. An evil never sees Brhamins, Kshatriyas , Vaishyas or Shudras. For them, you all are the pawns with whom he can play. So if you want me to be the king of Magadh, then you have to stay united. In my kingdom, I will not tolerate any division in name of caste, race, colors or genders. Here everyone can pursue any profession they want.'

A Brahmin citizen said, 'But it is against the law of Vedas.'

Sage Viswamitra, 'Who said that? In Veda, it is clearly said that Varna shall be determined by talent, not by birth.'

Vishnugupt, 'Aditya, I don't care about the laws of Aryavart. All I know as Jarasandh is dead, other evil kings will definitely try to capture Magadh and subjugate us to slavery. We want our freedom so we want you to be our king. You understand the pain of poor, common people as you stayed with them, fought for them. So there will no one better than you to be our king.'

Every citizen cheered, 'Yes, we want you as our king. We are not interested in your Gotra. We just know you as our savior and we will follow you.'

Aditya, 'Okay, so first we need to arrange a court so that we can punish these wicked friends of Jarasandh and  also we need to implement new Laws, recruit new soldiers and think about renovating our country so that everyone can get the basic amenities.'

Karna entered the royal palace with his Gurus, Vishnugupt, Hiranyadhanush, Eklavya, Vishvanu. First, he asked Vishnugupt to find some men who were honest, intelligent and hardworking to be the ministers. Both his Gurus insisted to have a small coronation ceremony so that he could sit on the throne. Karna asked his Gurus to rest for today and the next day they would have a small ceremony and then they would start with the court procedure. Karna was sure that soon other kingdoms would get the news of Jarasandh's death and would come to attack Magadh. So he asked his tribal soldiers to stay vigilant.