Chapter 36: Sabotage.

Start from the beginning

 Although I was not very strong, I was able to use the principle of leverage with the L-shaped curved tip and succeeded in removing one of them, although it took a long time.

 If one of the ends holding the axle had come off, I wouldn't have been able to run more than a few metres.

 Then I crawled out of the wagon - and that's when I came eye to eye with the men who had come out of the jam.

 Apparently I took longer than I thought I would. Or maybe it was my fault for not activating the gift of stealth.

 I've been away from the actual battle of covert surveillance for so long that I've become quite sluggish, it seems.

''What the hell, you little brat!''

"Whoa, I'm ...... that--"

 In the short time I've been searching for a good excuse, the men seem to have made another decision.

'Well, wait a minute. I don't know if you were trying to prank me or not, but this is a good sucker that wandered in here, isn't it?"

" Huh?"

'Look closely. It's a bit dirty, but it's still a top ball."

'An ......? Certainly a different-coloured eye would be worth its weight in gold."

 Now I'm just dusting off my travelling clothes and protecting my legs with a short skirt and thigh-high socks.

 My sturdy cotton shirt and blue-silver hair were stained with dirt from working under the wagon.

 But you can see the red-blue eyes of a different colour and the sculpting of his graceful face.

 Seeing this, these kidnappers seemed to have decided to abduct me too.

'Look, if you don't behave yourself, you won't get hurt...'

'Old man, you're making decisions fast!'

 Not hearing the man's words until the end, I slashed at him with a hangman's machete in my hand.

 A mere sword might not do much damage, but if I hit it with the L-shaped curved tip, I should be able to inflict a decent amount of grievous wounds.

''Whoa...?"

 But instead of making the man sit back, he takes a step forward to block the slash.

 Only by reflexively stepping forward did this man seem formidable.

 Another man, perhaps not expecting me to suddenly slash at him, hurriedly drew the sword at his waist.

 One of the men even rushed into the room on the spur of the moment.

'You little brat, grow up!'

''What the hell do you think you're doing, slashing at me out of the blue?

''You don't say that, you kidnapper!''

 I didn't expect these guys to be able to take the piss out of me, so I reflexively said something back.

 But apart from that, the situation is worse.

 Even though one of them has pulled up to the jam, I'm surrounded by two men.

 I think they know I know these men are kidnappers, because of my earlier rebuttal.

 If that's the case, then I have to get rid of them somehow here, so that I can escape immediately and - no, that's impossible?

 If so, if I manage to escape, at least I should be able to secure the kidnapped elves.

'Somebody, ah! We are being abducted!"

 I shouted for help to get rid of the men.

 If the men get scared and run away, that's good. If not, the more people that gather, the worse the situation will be for these guys.

 However, my plan was quickly dismantled.

 Despite my loud shouts, there was little reaction from the people around me.

 The men were also smiling and looking relaxed.

 I was puzzled by the situation, but one of the men began to tell me about the situation in a confident manner.

'That's too bad. What do you think our job is? Soundproof silenced magical equipment in a secluded location. It's places like this where we could deploy our equipment so easily."

 That's when I perceived the reason for these guys' leeway.

 My earlier voice hadn't reached the outside at all. 

 It was just as they had assumed, that this place was deliberately located in a secluded position off the gate, and that they had chosen a lumberyard.

 If you're processing wood in the city, you're going to have a noise problem.

 That is why it should have been a natural progression to prepare a magic item that automatically activates magic, a magical tool.

 Silence magic tools, which would be suspect if purchased by the general public, can be installed here, in a blacksmithing and processing factory, without any particular suspicion.

 In other words, help from the outside is not expected.