"Enjoy." He winks at me before slithering back into the crowd, most likely towards the other girls he's pimping out.

I look at the girl once to make sure she's okay, and turn to leave, continuing on my path to the bar.

I hear a gasp behind me as I go, and suddenly the girl is trailing behind me, squeezing around people to get close.

I ignore her.

"Wait!" She says as we enter a slightly quieter place off the dance floor. "Wait godsdammit!" She snaps, grabbing my wrist and tugging.

My temper snaps slightly as well and I grab her own wrist in retaliation and hold them closely to me in a firm grip, looking at her.

Her eyes widen in surprise before she swallows and composes herself, "You paid... don't you want anything?" She asks a little shyly and I sigh.

I clench my jaw, not wanting to put her in an awkward position, "I bought you the night off. You're marked," I nod to her hand, "That means you can leave or hang around here undisturbed. I don't need anything." I explain before dropping her wrists and turning again.

"Wait!" She says again and I stop, looking over my shoulder slightly to see her with shock written all over her face, "I-uh, thank you." She says and I nod, turning and walking away.

I kept making my way over to the bar, feeling her gaze on my back. I'm never surprised to find pimps and shit here, it is the Underworld, but I couldn't ignore someone if they were asking for help.

The crowd around me suddenly erupts into a cheer, lights flashing everywhere and a man on the loudspeaker blaring unintelligible words.

I grimace at the loud sound, literally would rather be in Angelo's house right now, but try to push through the massive crowd that's just swarmed me.

People were shoving into me left, right and centre and I was shoving them back just as hard.

Anyone ever learnt about personal space?

A figure brushes past me, clad in full racing gear and shuffles off in the direction of the VIP rooms. I only spare him a few extra seconds considering he was fully dressed in his gear, but decide I don't have time for it, already 10 minutes late to meet the client.

I make one more move to shove out of the crowd, but someone shoves into my shoulder hard trying to get past me.

"Watch it." I snarl, looking over my shoulder to see the guy who crashed into me on his way past.

I only see the back of his head before he turns slightly, revealing his recognisable side profile.

What the fuck was Gabriel doing here?

I clench my jaw, debating whether to finally beat the motherfucker up or go find the client- who's probably already left by now.

I debated with myself in my mind for a minute, seeing Gabriel's figure slowly disappearing.

"Fottimi." I grumble under my breath, knowing this was a bad idea, yet making another executive decision that night.

(fuck me.)

I follow Gabriel through the crowd.