Chapter 8

A Few Weeks Later...

Will was on his break - he had been performing all day, after all - when a familiar face walked through the door. Will paused for just a second, staring at the man. He looked different, his hair messier, heavy bags under his eyes, but he recognized that face anywhere.

He had been his best friend's brother, after all. That's not something you forget.

Michael Afton walked through the door, his eyes darting around quickly. He looked on edge, and when he noticed Will looking at him his eyes widened before going back to their original tired state. Was he...putting on an act?

The day guard, a cheery buy named Jeremy, walked over to greet him. Will listened carefully, curious of what was happening. "Hi, welcome to Freddy Fazbear's Pizza! How may we help you?"

Michael jumped, not expecting the day guard to sneak up on him like that, before pulling a newspaper clipping from his pocket. "I heard you were looking for a new Nightguard? May I apply?"

Wow, he's changed a lot since we last saw him, huh?

That's putting it lightly...

Jeremy breathed a sigh of relief and put his hand on his chest. "Thank God! I've been having to cover the night-shift since our last guy quit. Let me tell ya, that is not my cup of tea!" Before Michael could respond, he pulled out his walkie-talkie. "Hey boss, there's a new guy here for a job."

Dave replied, but Will couldn't hear. His ears couldn't stand the sound of static. Luckily, Jeremy had to ask Michael the question anyways.

"His name?" He looked at Michael. "What's your name, kid?"

"Uh...Fritz. Fritz Smith."

A name change? Why?

Yeah...that's weird.

...I'm gonna go bother him tonight.

Jeremy patted his back, a wide smile on his face. "Well, Fritz, let's go take you to the boss!" The two walked out of Will's line of sight, and the animatronics' heads followed Mike as he walked by.

--------

When the last of the cleanup crew left, Michael walked into the restaurant and looked around. This place was way different than the last location...for one it was way bigger. It had way more animatronics, and seemed to be way more popular.

Michael shook his head, walking into the office and sitting down. The phone rang but he muted it. He didn't need anyone telling him what to do. He'd survived the last location, didn't he? He'd be fine.

2 Hours Later

Michael sat back in his swivel chair and drank a bottle of water. This was easier than he thought. None of the animatronics had left their stages, and Michael had been expecting way more than this.

"Hey, nice job, Mike!"

"Aww, thanks, Mike! Couldn't have done it without you."

Michael talked to himself like that for a couple minutes, before his crippling loneliness swept him up again. He looked at the cameras and noticed that the weird Funtime-like animatronic was sitting on the edge of his stage, staring at the camera.

Michael shuddered. That was...unsettling. The animatronics at the last location had done a similar thing, so he wasn't freaking out that bad. The camera turned static, before going back to normal and the animatronic was gone. He looked up in the hall and flashed his light, catching a glimpse of his tail entering the right party room.