"You'd assume correctly. And I'm not going to train you, I already am training you. Or did you already forget your very first lesson?"

          "I'm eating, aren't I?" I raised my spoon in the air before taking another bite of the oats.

          Feytan leaned back in his chair and watched me consume every mouthful of that horrid food. Its taste seemed to worsen with every bite I took. "So, how are you liking Rahas so far?"

          "It's a beautiful city," I said. "I haven't seen much of it yet, but I'm hoping that will change in the upcoming days."

          "I'm sure you will find it even more beautiful with every street you discover. Now, hurry up. Training starts after your breakfast, and I have other things to do today, as well."

          I raised my eyebrow. "Didn't my training start already?"

          He clapped his hand on his leg as he laughed. "Ah, I did say that didn't I?"

          I had hurriedly eaten the rest of my oats, and then quickly devoured my ribag to wash away the lingering taste of the oats

          I had hurriedly eaten the rest of my oats, and then quickly devoured my ribag to wash away the lingering taste of the oats. I had eaten my ribag on the way to wherever it was we were going, because as soon as I had eaten my last bite of oats, Feytan had ordered me to follow him.

          He had guided me somewhere close to the wall, to a large clearing where other wolves were training, too. They all intensified with what they were doing when they saw me arrive, as if they had some newly build up anger that they needed to release at the sight of me. Vince hadn't been kidding when he told me not everyone here would be as accepting. I experienced that only a very, very small minority was somewhat accepting of me. But I couldn't really blame them.

          "Correct me if I'm wrong, but I don't think you have any combat experience," Feytan said as he looked me up and down. It didn't feel condescending, albeit a bit judgmental. But mostly he was determining what he was working with. At least, I hoped that was the case if I had to work closely with him for the coming days. Or would it be weeks, or months?

          "I don't." I scratched Beckett's face. But somehow, I didn't think that counted as combat. In my entire life, I hadn't fought. Not physically, at least. I ran. I had run away from the two wolves in the forest, I had run away from Beckett after he demolished my fingers, after he had clawed my arm.

          "We will start from zero, then. In any case, we have to build up your body first before we begin with one-on-one combat. Now, let's start."

          The first exercise Feytan had given me, involved some jumping and floor-touching. I got out of breath fairly quickly, and after a few sets, everything I did felt like torture. The exercises that followed were some more of the same, and my body started hurting in places I didn't even think it possible. Feytan kept correcting me on my stance, giving me pointers on how to adjust my body to really use the muscles intended, and not hurt myself in the process. At least not any more than I had to. He had to make the same correction multiple times, since it seemed I even forgot how to properly stand after each exercise, but he never got mad or frustrated about it.