Chapter Thirty One - Let the events commence

"I can't do this," Lana concluded, panicking at Sarah over the phone as she paced up and down her room.

"Sure you can," Sarah encouraged her. "You just gotta get the words out, 'I'm in love with you', simple."

Lana scoffed, throwing her head into her mattress as she let out a sigh of despair. "Nothing about this is simple, Sarah," she whined, applying some chapstick to calm her nerves.

"It is if you believe it is."

"Shut up," Lana nervously demanded her, reuniting the chapstick with its lid. "How were you able to get past the fact that your Dad killed John B's?"

"Stop it, I'm trying to move past that. There's no proof," she began, her voice quivering with uncertainty. "And John B's now hiding from the cops. I don't know how much longer he can stay hidden."

"We'll help him," Lana assured her, walking over to the mirror. "We're in this together now." She started fluffing up her hair whilst eying the flatiron on her table, aggressively deciding to tie her hair up instead. "Any word from JJ?"

"No," Sarah confirmed, a hint of disappointment in her voice. "Lana, I can hear him leaving the house now."

Lana dropped her phone out of clumsiness, picking it up in a rapid state. "No, I can't do this."

""It's for the best that you tell him."

"I know but...he's here. I think I might cry," she evaluated, looking at the texting message on her phone from him.

"Don't be a baby, go. Call me afterwards."

She ran down the stairs and flung the front door open to see Rafe, a smile appearing onto his face as he laid his eyes on her.

"Your tie's crooked," she told him, shuffling his tie more to the left.

"Hello to you too," he chuckled, pushing her off of him so she would stop fixing his tie, earning a huff from her.

"Excuse me, I have a reputation. I will not be seen with a man who doesn't know how to wear a tie," she joked, returning to fix it.

Her Father had been invited to an honorary exclusive event for all the competitive business men on the island, and whilst Ward and his family had an invite of their own, Lana decided to let Rafe take her instead of travelling with her own family.

As she was untying his tie to redo it, complaining under her breath about the atrocity of it, his eyes darted down to see what she was wearing.

A black dress that travelled all the way down to the floor with a slit to reveal her leg, her chest area exposed due to the strapless hinges of her clothing and it had all been tied together with black gloves that met her elbows. She looked elegant and pristine like an angel of death, innocent in the purest ways yet so hidden beneath her sinless façade.

Once she had finished fixing his tie, she backed away from him to look at it from a better perspective, smiling at her skills.

Rafe stood still to take her in, gazing at her beauty in all her glory. He had been mesmerised, as if he found the one thing that was meant for him. He stood there finding her completely and utterly the true representative of a goddess, wanting to keep his eyes fixated on hers for all time. Though he thought all of this, he couldn't bring himself to tell her any of it. He didn't know how to.

He walked inside the house to stand behind her as she was looking into the mirror that was hung in the hallway, trying to make something good out of her hair.

"There's something missing," he told her, reaching into his pocket as he pulled out a pearl necklace, earning a look of awe from her. He placed it gently onto her chest as he clasped the hook behind her neck, placing his hands by his sides afterwards as she looked into her reflection in disbelief.