Chapter Twelve - Victory within the six

"Yes, we're serious."

Lana placed her hands on her hips, trying to comprehend the fact that the two of them had just informed her that they were close to finding some ancient treasure along with the worlds most famous shipwreck.

"If you guys wanna get there in time before the weather acts up, I suggest we go now," a voice emerging from behind her spoke. She turned around to see Pope, standing on the port where she had been minutes before.

Their eyes met, and all the memories had flooded back. All those nights they spent together, rushing in like a wave crash.

Lana smiled at him, honestly feeling glad to see him after so long.

"Hey Pope," she waved to him; JJ and John B were making background comments like the 7 year olds they were.

"Kiss, Kiss, Kiss," JJ chanted, pumping his fist in the air and stopping when John B nudged him.

"I actually have to go get something," Pope said, attempting to turn around and walk away from Lana but Kie appeared and pushed him back.

"She won't bite you," she joked, smiling at Pope's awkward persona.

The pair of them boarded the boat, Pope keeping his distance from Lana as if she were a poisonous spider.

"So," Kie exhaled. "Does she know yet?"

"She does, and get this," JJ exclaimed, excited to inform Kiara of the details she had missed. "Her great, great, great whatever grandfather was the Captain of the Royal Merchant." He placed his hands at the sides of his head to imitate an explosion. "How crazy is that?"

"You guys ready to find 400 million dollars worth of gold?" Kie shouted, earning a wave of excitement from the rest of them.

"Woah Woah Woah," Lana stopped them, trying to wrap her head around what Kie had just said. "400 million dollars?"

"Yeah baby," she told her, enjoying her shock.

"Holy shit guys," she yelled, finding the whole thing a fantasy.

"So right now, we've got this underwater drone that we're going to use as our eyes to locate the Merchant," John B filled her in, Lana nodding.

The boat engine started and they began to head to where the it was the supposed location of the Merchant. The drone was lowered into the sea, Kiara keeping track of the measurements whilst Pope and Lana analysed the video footage. Every now and then, he would shuffle slightly away from her, further and further each time.

"You good?" she confronted him, snapping her head to look at him. He shrugged his shoulders. "I thought we agreed to be friends Pope."

"We are...friends," he assured her, hesitating by the time he reached the word 'friends'.

"Then why are you acting like this?"

He opened his mouth to answer her, but the words never came out.

"Honestly, I'm weird and awkward for no reason at all, I'm sorry."

To this she smiled and laughed, believing what he said to be true because it made sense.

"Okay, just try and act normal. I missed you," she admitted, softly smiling at him. He smiled back, a genuine smile.

"I missed you too."

She returned her eyes back into the monitor, disappointed at the sight of nothing.

"We're getting nothing," Pope sighed, the rest of them also getting annoyed.