11: Flowering Friendship?

ابدأ من البداية

"I-I don't know how." You faltered.

"Eh. I always knew you couldn't do it. You're too weak." He scoffed

"Wha- Hey! That's just downright mean!" You shouted.

The log shaked aggressively this time and jumped a feet away from where it once sat.

"Woah!" Your eyes widened.

"Huh interesting." Hunter muttered.

"You find pissing people off interesting?" You grumbled.

"Actually, I just did that to make you angry. If my theory is correct, negative emotions trigger your spell casting abilities." He stated.

"That's probably why you were able to cast a levitation spell on me when I tried to arrest you." He added.

"Yeah cause your pretty face pisses me off." You mumbled.

"What did you just-"

"Nothing! Let's try that again!" You cut him off and turn to the direction of the log again, attempting to cast a spell on it.

"Stop. I don't think that's going to work." Hunter called. "Try casting the spell on me instead." He stated quite blankly.

"w-What?! Are you insane? I might kill you!" You yelled.

"Relax. Trust me, taking me down is a harder task than it seems." He boasted.

"Also, people tell me I can get pretty annoying. Hence, I'm the perfect test subject for my hypothesis. And if I did get killed, it's fine as long as you do it.~" He cheered.

"Uhh... Do you wanna unpack that first?" You ask in a worried tone.

"Nope! No come on let's not waste anytime. I need results." He alerted you.

"If you say so." You responded hesitantly.

You take a deep breath, trying to concentrate on Hunter.

"Focus, try to channel your anger on me!" He shouts from a far.

"Uhh... I'm kinda fresh out of anger at the moment." You shout back.

"Just think of the moment when we first met! You know when I tried to arrest you?" He chuckled awkwardly.

"This is very awkward but fine." You state.

You look at his eyes and recall the moment he tried to capture you. The tears. The threats. The cold dungeon cell. Your chest started feeling tight with anger as you reminisce on those moments.

The staff starts to glow a bit.

'It's working.' You thought.

You point the glowing staff to Hunter as you gaze into his eyes.

He glared back at yours.

Those eyes, they made you feel weak on your knees. As you were about to lift the staff, the memory when you first saw those magenta eyes flashed in your head. The day at the library. The day he was unmasked.

You shook your head, trying to maintain focus. You shift to the stance that Hunter taught you earlier.

Another flash of memory invades your mind. It was the time you saw him in the forest. He was hurt, but was being stubborn and kept refusing your help. It annoyed you so you pinned him against a tree and glared at him.

'Did I just do that?!' You were screaming internally.

Then, another memory takes over your head. You vividly recalled the moment you danced with him under the moonlight in Grom night. You thought about his golden hair, glistening magenta eyes, and surprisingly adorable tooth gap.