𝟬𝟯𝟬. 𝗨𝗡𝗟𝗜𝗞𝗘 𝗘𝗟𝗘𝗡𝗔

"You see this symbol? It's a symbol of revenge. You talk about balance, about saving people. We know what you really want and now you know where to find us." Scott's video message says and I let out a sigh.

"It's gonna work." I say and nod at her. We walk towards the place Scott wants us to be and I look at him, having my chin high. "What are you doing?" Scott asks me and I look at him. "I'm not letting Derek die, no matter the cost." I say and Deucalion chuckles. "Oh, like brother against sister. How very American this is." He says and I roll my eyes.

"Are you ready Jennifer? Did you gather your herbs? Pray to your ancient gods and your oak trees?" He says and takes of his jacket. "Slit a baby's throat perhaps?"

"Should we show them why you needed to sacrifice nine innocent people just to face me? Or is it 12 now?" Deucalion turns awfully ugly and I look at him.

Jennifer tries to push him away, but absolutely nothing happens. He grabs both of our throats and lifts us up.

He throws us away and lowers Jennifer. "Kill her." He says and Scott looks at me. "Do it." He says and snarls, making Scott gall on the ground, turning. "Now kill her. Your parents are dying, that storm you hear? She's burying them alive. It's her connection to the telluric currents. Kill her and it ends." He says and I look at Scott.

"It won't end, not with me, he'll have you Kill everyone you love. That's what he does." She says and I look at him.

"They're dying, Scott." He says and I look at him.

"It's something Gerard told me, Deucalion isn't always blind." He says and throws some lighting arrows on the ground, making Deucalion turn back.

Jennifer is gone and I look at Scott. "Oh boy." I say and smoke appears. I see Jennifer and take a deep breathe. She throws Scott against the wall and smashed Deucalions head against the ground several times.

"Jennifer!" I yell and she looks at me. "He doesn't know." I say and raise an eyebrow. "Know what?" She asks and I nod. "What you really look like. He knows the cost of bringing Kali into his pack, but he's never seen the price you paid." I say choosing choosing words carefully.

"No, no he hasn't." She says and heals him. Deucalion screams, but then I see his eyes, instead of the normal red eyes.

"Turn to me, turn to me!" She yells and he does so, panting, scared. Jennifer turns back, but falls back. "What is this?" She asks and I smile.

"Healing made you weak, just like healing Cora did for Derek. You won't have your strength for a couple of minutes." I say and she looks at me. "Then you do it kill him." I shake my head and look at her.

"Let them go." I say and she smashes me against the wall, mad. She hits me repeatedly and I gasp.

I look at her and chuckle. The lunar eclipse isn't there yet." I say and she quickly runs, throwing mountain ashe around her.

Scott was running towards her, but stops. "Like I told you, either you or the parents. Now I guess it's gonna be them." She says and Scott and I frown. "In a few minutes, they'll be dead and I don't need a lunar eclipse to kill a demon wolf." Scott raises his hand and holds it against the wall of the mountain ashe.

"We've tried this before Scott I don't remember having much success." She says and Scott slowly breaks through the mountain ashe, his eyes turning red.

"What the-" I whisper and look at him. "How did you do that?" Jennifer asks falling down.

"I'm an Alpha now." Scott says and I gulp.

"Whatever you're doing to cause the storm, make it stop. Or I'll kill you myself. I don't care what it does to the colour of my eyes." He says and I frown, wow.

"It won't change the colour of mine, so allow me." Deucalion says and walks towards her, slashing her throat. She falls back and you can see her true nature. She dies, falling down.

"I was hoping for you to not do anything stupid." I hear the annoying voice of Klaus Mikaelson say.

Deucalion's head snaps to him and his eyes darken, even if that's possible. "I have a werewolf." I say and point at Deucalion. "Sacrifice him." I say and look at him. "Leave Derek alone." I say and Klaus smirks.

"Now!" I say and Klaus speeds towards Deucalion and grabs him. "Only because you asked nicely." He says and another witch appears, this time a female one. She makes Deucalion pass out and I look over at Jennifer, only there is no Jennifer.

"You take care of it." I say to Scott who grabs my hand in a panic. "What? Max what are you doing?" He whisper yells as I give him a reassuring look.

"Scott, tell me you'll take care of it." I say, my eyes burning into his. "I'll... yes." He looks up at Klaus as I do too. "There has to be another way." He pleads and I smile softly.

"Are you ready?" He asks and I nod. He takes me away and I look at Scott. "Save them." He says and I nod.

I was gonna die tonight, and I knew it.

Because unlike Elena, I didn't drink exiler. Unlike Elena, I don't have vampire blood. Unlike Elena, I don't have a crazy boyfriends brother who tries to protect me. Unlike Elena, I am not safe.

Unlike Elena, I'm stupid.

~962 words~