fσυя

A V E R Y

A week passed by without incident. Avery was still devoting every moment of his free time to researching the tags around his neck trying to find just something to go on. The numbers were practically burned into the back of his head and he had spent his evenings going through line after line of names--he'd even gotten a little interesting and had just straight up included every S name he could find on the internet regardless of country of origin. He couldn't half-ass this. He needed to know what the hell was happening. And he was almost halfway through his list and not a single name had pulled up with Elias attached to any of it. 

Avery sighed deeply and sat his computer down on his coffee table and turned around to peek at the cameras to see who was knocking at his door. He caught sight of his friend standing on his front porch. Avery stood up and walked over to his door and pulled open the chain lock and then undid the bolt and regular lock before opening the door. "Avery, it's been fucking forever! Get over here you twat!" He giggled when Xavior pulled him into his arms and bear-hugged him, even lifting him off the ground a little.

"HEY! I'm not meant to float!" Avery protested but hugged him back regardless. "Xavior you've been gone forever, where the hell have you been?" He asked, and Xavior sighed and put him down on his feet and stepped into his house when he offered him entry. Once the door shut, he relocked all his locks and sighed softly.

"You're actually using the bolt lock I installed. I'm impressed." Xavior said, laughing a little. "What... in the world is this doing here?" Xavior said, and Avery's head popped over to see him looking at the security camera equipment Elias had installed. 

"What, do you know where it came from?" Avery asked, excitement filling his chest. A weird look crossed over Xaviors face for a moment and he shook his head. 

"No, I just thought it was cool looking. What is it?" He seemed to already know what it was though, and Avery could literally see all nine cameras' footage--so could he so... duh. Dumbass meet brick wall. Brick wall wins. 0 - 1. 

"It's a security camera. I had a recent... accident... and I felt like installing cameras would be the logical next safe step." Well, that wasn't entirely true--Elias had suggested them, but he definitely felt safer being able to see what was happening on every inch of his property and he was reassured that at the least if someone were to break into his house, there'd be footage of it. 

"Interesting. Where'd you buy them?" The way he asked it made Avery gulp a little and subconsciously reach up to play with the tags around his neck. He had a feeling there was a definite right and wrong answer here, and he didn't have the requested information. 

"I didn't." He said, and then Xavior's eyes landed on the tags in his hand and his face straight up turned from caramel mocha to pale as a ghost. "What? What is it?" He asked anxiously, and Xavior's eyes darkened for a moment.

"Where did you get those?" He asked, and Avery frowned and wrapped them in his palm. 

"My neighbor." He said, and Xavior frowned. 

"Your neighbor?" He echoed, and Avery nodded. "Can I see it? Hand it over." No. 

"No." Avery said, frowning a little as he tightened his fist around them. "I'm not supposed to take them off. You can look at them just don't tap them a bunch." He said, opening his palm hesitantly. Xavior's eyes looked over the tags in his hand and murmured something under his breath. It was so quiet that Avery almost couldn't hear it: Scott.  E. S. H. Elias Scott Hill.