𝐇𝐨𝐦𝐞 || 𝐅𝐫𝐞𝐝 𝐖𝐞𝐚𝐬𝐥𝐞𝐲

A/N- Okay so to give context, I imagined a scenario where Fred and y/n both obviously like each other but haven't confessed it yet. Thought this scene might be cute idk it's my first time writing so go easy on me 😭

Fred's POV

My eyes snap open. Eyes glancing over to the window in front of me; it's dark. What time is it? One moment y/n and I were just resting, side by side, and now w- ... wait where's y/n-?
And that's when I notice the figure lying in bed next to me. It's y/n.

One hand, wrapped around her waist, and the other, resting against her hair, almost becoming entangled within it. Her back pressed against my chest, legs tangled together. We're cuddling. Y/n and I are cuddling. Oh. my. God.

My breathing quickens. I adjust my position, careful to not wake her up, and slowly look over at her. The hand that was resting near her hair gently reaches over and brushes the strands of hair off her face, tucking them behind her ear. And there she was. A smile couldn't help but creep in. It always baffled me how effortlessly beautiful she was. She wasn't even awake, yet I was still blushing at the sight of her. Well, I guess I know who got the 'pretty gene' in the family. No offense Harry.

My grip on her waist tightens a bit, craving to bring her closer to me than she already was. I wanted nothing more than to just hold on to her and never let go. I was about to doze off to sleep again until I felt her shifting and her head slowly rising from her once down-turn position. She's awake.

Do I say something?
No just pretend you're asleep.
I should just tell her now.
Are you fucking crazy? And what if she doesn't feel the same back?
I don't care I can't hide it anymore.
I swear to Godric if you ruin this moment Fred I will never forgive you for it.

And before I even have a chance to close my eyes and fake sleep, I'm met with her face, staring right at me. Well, Fred say goodbye to this moment. She looking me directly in my eyes. She doesn't say anything but her furrowed brows and tilted head seem to give me the question she was asking. Is she uncomfortable? Do I let go? Hug her tighter? No. Just apologize and pretend this didn't happen.

"I'm sorry", I managed to croak out, "I didn't mean to..", my eyes signaling to our current..uh- situation. Which was partially true; did I expect this would happen when we fell asleep next to each other? No, of course not. Am I happy that it did happen? Absolutely.

I let out a breath that apparently, I've been holding. No response was heard after and my grip loosened on her waist and slowly releasing her from my grasp, my heartbreaking in the process. She looked down at my hand, her eyes widened, yet also, softened up at the sight.

"No." A firm hand grips my wrist, stopping me from moving it away. She looks at me again, dead straight into my eyes and my heart skipped a beat. And then another. Shit. Eye contact is held until I feel her hand on my wrist, gradually moving it back to its original resting place; on her waist. My hand nearly instantly accepts the opportunity and I bring her closer to me. She lets out a shaky breath, eyes shuttering close for a second until she looks up again. "We can stay lik- like this...if you want to," she says, her hand resting on my forearm. I immediately give a small nod while a smile tugs on my lips and I swear I can see her blush back.

At this point, I'm resting on my side while she's on her back, however still slightly tilted towards me. Before I could comprehend what was happening, she turns directly towards me and shifts closer. Her hand snaking its way around my waist and up my back. I take in a deep breath. She briefly looks up at me, her eyes calm and sleepy. Another shift in position until our bodies touch each other and I suck in a breath. My heart beating uncontrollably at this point. Her head slowly makes its way to my shoulder and rests there. Her other hand follows pursuit and settles against my chest. Her hand on my back, lazily stroking it with her thumb.

I froze on the spot. I'm pretty sure I stopped breathing too, afraid that I would disturb her in some way. She was hugging me. But it didn't feel like the hundreds of hugs we shared before. This felt different. All those past hugs happened because something else happened. She didn't need to hug me now, there was no reason to. My team didn't win a quidditch match nor did I give her a gift or something. She just wanted to hug me, needed to hug me. I melted at the thought. A huge grin plastered across my face while my cheeks burned red. For once I was grateful she couldn't see my face.

Once reality hit me, I drifted my hand from her waist to her lower back and hugged her tight. Her head now rested directly under my chin, her elbow on my side. We were so close together that I could feel her chest slowly rising  against mine. I could the roundness of her cheek at the crook of my neck. I could feel her breath against my throat. 

Before I was about to drift into sleep again, she let out a quiet muffled whisper. "Freddie?"
I swallowed.

"Yes?" A few seconds go by with no reply.

"You feel like home." she sighed out and planted a small kiss on my chest.

I was frozen again. My heart ached..but in a good way. The way where you love someone so much it starts to physically hurt. And she somehow, just made it hurt so much more. Godric, I'm completely smitten. 

I didn't know how to respond, knowing I couldn't possibly express what I felt for her in just words. So instead I pulled her closer, brushed a bit of her hair away, and placed a kiss on her forehead, lingering there and taking in her scent of fresh cotton and coffee. "Sleep well love", I replied and finally drifted off into sleep; my cheek resting against her head and her, resting against me.