ELEVEN, you can call me moonie

Zacznij od początku

i can feel the scowl she is talking about engraved onto my morning face. i saw hyunjin's when he had woken up too. "i think we look quite delightful in the morning" hyunjin says.

there's a laugh and the sound of a door shutting in the hallway next to the fireplace. my father walks out after the sound had echoed to us. "yeah i don't know who you are trying to convince jin, but it's not us, we know better" my dad chuckles and my mother does as well.

"you guys are absolute hell in the morning" my mother chimes in and they both giggle again. my parents have the most fun when it includes making fun of hyunjin and i.

it has always been like that ever since he and i had met when we were younger.

"why are we even on the couch anyways?" i ask the big question. hyunjin points to me and nods as if he was going to ask if i hadn't.

"okay, don't get mad at me but you guys were watching a show with harley last night and both of you ended up falling asleep after dinner and i didn't want to wake you because you both were so exhausted so i just grabbed harley and left you alone" my mom said.

i glance at hyunjin and he steals a quick look at me as well. "okay, that's it?" i ask and her head nods. "yes, it wasn't some evil plan that i devised" she says and hyunjin chuckles.

"thank you for laughing at my joke, i knew she wouldn't" i squint my eyes at my mom as she slightly attacked me.

"would you guys like some breakfast?" mom distracts the both of us from her previous statement and we all nod, including harley. "yes!" he speaks for all of us as we get up and make our ways to the clear glass table.

i sit in the ornate chair across from hyunjin after i grab a glass of ice water.

"hm, no coffee anymore?" he asks me and i shake my head. i used to drink coffee every single morning but when i moved to new york, it became way too expensive so i just grabbed ice water at my apartment instead.

it was still refreshing.

"no," i tell him, "i laid off of it when i moved."

it was also because of the lack of connection i could make with a cafe there. every one i went into didn't feel like the one here at home.

"you changed a lot when you moved, illiad" hyunjin says drinking from a warm mug of tea. he was steeping the bag when i first sat down across from him. "you changed a lot when you met ara, hyunjin" i say back to him and he bows his head in slight defeat.

"fair" his voice gets quiet and i raise an eyebrow. "speaking of the devil reincarnated, where is she now anyways?" i ask. i haven't really thought about ara in a long time. i had passing thoughts about her when i was in new york. like i wondered if she and hyunjin ended up getting back together or if she was an idol now.

i thought about her when i went to the gym and how jealous i was of her skinny body.

hyunjin shrugs to my question. "we broke up before graduation" he tells me and i nod. i remember their fight and everything not being good in what looked like paradise. "i know, i remember that" the words leave my lips even though i tried to hold them in.

he slowly nods.

"she wasn't good to me, or you and i should've realized that. when i did, it was too late. but, we haven't spoken, she tried to call me a few times in the weeks before my debut stage but i never responded, i don't care to" hyunjin's slender shoulders rise and fall.