Chapter 20-Going Nowhere

(Continued from previous chapter)

We continued kissing, and I felt his tongue slip into my mouth before I massaged it with my own. He scooped me up in his arms as he stood up, and I hummed into his kiss.

When I opened my eyes again, we were in Danny's bedroom, and he laid me down on the bed before closing the door. He came back and leaned in kissing a line down my jaw, neck, and chest as I craned my head allowing for better access. I could feel him getting hard as he pressed against me. I tugged at the waistband of his pants and boxers, desperately wanting him inside me.

Suddenly, he stopped, biting his lip as he turned away from me. "Why'd you stop?" I asked breathlessly.

He turned back to me and smiled weakly. "I want to take things slow with you...I like you so much, and we took things so fast the first time," he began quietly. I tried to listen to his words, but I was getting lost in his gorgeous brown eyes and sweet smile. "I just want to do it right this time. You deserve better than the treatment you've gotten from Jake and I so far," he finished matter-of-factly.

I grabbed his face and pulled him in to a passionate kiss. "Thank you, Danny.." I said softly as we parted. He blushed as he got out of bed and tossed me one of his shirts and a pair of boxers to sleep in. I smiled and stood up as I turned my back to him to take off my bra and change into the clothes he gave me.

When I was done changing, I turned to see he was gone. I sat on the edge of the bed and flipped through the channels. He returned with a glass of water and a bottle of Tylenol that he handed to me. "This will help keep you from being hungover in the morning," he explained with a smile. I giggled and thanked him as I took two pills before chugging the water. He laughed when I wiped the excess water from my lips with my forearm, then took the glass as I snuggled under the covers.

I lifted the edge of the blanket, motioning for him to get in beside me. He gave me a nervous look before stripping down to his boxers and crawling in. I laid my head on his chest and listened to his steady heartbeat. I trailed my finger along his sternum to the fuzz on his lower tummy, grinning as I heard his heart rate quicken. He giggled and caught my hand before I could go any lower, and he placed my palm on his chest.

"Do I make you nervous?" I asked mischievously.

"Always," he said with a low chuckle and a wide grin. I kissed his chest sweetly before gently biting the muscle right above his nipple. He groaned and flipped us as he wiggled away. I loved that I could drive him crazy so easily.

He had me pinned underneath him, but he bit his lip, stopping us from going any further. "You're evil," he teased with a smile. I smirked up at him before kissing the tip of his nose. He blushed and collapsed down beside me with a sigh. I laughed as I took my spot against his chest again, grinning as we started to watch the movie that came on. I felt my eyelids start to get heavy, and soon I was drifting off to sleep safely in his arms.

The next morning, I stretched out reaching for him, only to discover that I was alone in bed. As much as I liked him, this would never not be annoying. I sat up and saw a pallet of blankets and pillows in the floor. I shook my head as I laughed at the image of this tall, lanky man sleeping in the floor of his own bedroom. I heard some noise from the kitchen, and assumed it was him, Sam, or Mia. I checked my phone to see that Mia had texted me to let me know that Sam was taking her out for breakfast. So the racket from the kitchen must be Danny.

I stood up and made my way to the bathroom for a quick shower. I turned on some music on my phone and sang along as I ran through the shower as fast as I could, smiling as I used Danny's apple scented shampoo. Once I was out, I used the towel to gently dry my hair before wrapping myself in it and walking into his room again. I groaned when I realized that I had left my dress and jacket in the living room.