Chapter 9-When Out Of Silence

"Hey, Rae?" Jake called from the attached bathroom where I could hear water running. I walked in to see he had lit candles and ran a bath for me. "I thought you might want to relax in here after last night," he said kind of bashfully as he lit an incense on the counter by the sink. I was surprised to see him blushing, but I loved it.

I grinned at him and was taken aback by how beautiful he looked with the morning light filtering through the window. He took my hands as I stepped in to the big tub and he lowered me into the warm water. It felt good on my sore muscles and aching body. I closed my eyes and leaned back as he tossed in a bath bomb that fizzed and smelled of lavender.

I heard soft music begin to play assuming it was a speaker, but when I opened my eyes Jake had pulled up a chair and began playing his acoustic. My own private show, and I was swooning as he hummed along until he got enough courage to sing.

Once he finished the song, he ran his fingers through his hair and smiled. "You stay here, and I'll be right back with some breakfast," he added quickly before taking his guitar and heading out.

I leaned back and relaxed taking a deep breath as I got lost in my thoughts. After all of the time Jake and I had spent together, he had never been this sweet. So I was absolutely loving every second of it so far, but I felt awful about abandoning Danny. I hadn't intended to go to Jake last night. I had actually fully planned on getting a drink and cuddling back up with Danny until morning. Sleeping next to him was like sleeping next to a giant puppy. He was so cute and peaceful, he always had to be as close as possible, and just having him nearby made me feel safe and warm. Jake had never stayed the night, or asked me to stay the night...I never thought much of it, but now I was kind of offended.

"I wasn't sure what you'd want, so I brought a little of everything.." Jake announced as he walked into the bathroom with a big wooden tray full of plates of food and a glass of orange juice. I smiled as he sat it down on the edge of the tub so it sat over the water allowing me to eat as I soaked.

"This looks amazing!" I gushed as I picked up a piece of bacon and poured the syrup on top of a blueberry waffle. He grinned and blushed as he put his hands in his pockets and twisted away.

"It wasn't all me.." he admitted. "Danny and Josh have been up cooking since sunrise." That addition shouldn't have upset me, but it did. I was in here tending my wounds from Jake, while sweet Danny was out there making breakfast, despite the fact that I disappeared in the middle of the night and ended up in Jake's room. Shit. I smiled at Jake and thanked him for breakfast, but I didn't have it in me to really talk. He took the hint and said, "I'll leave you alone to relax, here's a towel, and you can grab anything you want from the dresser.." He smiled at me and said, "You look really pretty.." before walking out.

I felt too guilty to soak for much longer, but I finished my waffle and orange juice before draining the water from the tub. I wrapped myself in the towel and stepped out silently taking in all the marks that covered my body. Danny's hickey on my neck, Jake's bite mark on my chest, and the countless bruises on my ass all from Jake.

After blowing out the candles and walking back into Jake's room, I began to rifle through his drawers trying to find clothes, but changed my mind and just hugged the towel tighter, grabbed Danny's shirt from the floor, and tried to sneak back to his room where all my clothes still were. As I walked down the hallway I ran into Sammy and Mia as they walked out of his room. Their eyes darted from me, to Jake's room, then to Danny's room and back to me. Mia gasped when she realized because they had all seen me go to bed with Danny.