"I realise this entire time I was making excuses to make you seem like the bad guy, and making excuses to make Malin seem like she wasn't," I murmur, looking back toward the compound. I never want to step foot in there again.

Isaiah takes my face in his hands, gazing down at me. "I'll support you regardless of your decision. If you need to leave, I won't stop you."

I let out a long, slow breath, hating the way my chest aches. "Will you come with me?"

He studies me for a long, silent moment. I'm asking him something that I don't expect him to agree to, but I secretly hope he will. He's an Alpha, and he belongs here. But I know he craves freedom as much as I do.

"When my father is killed, and I can find a suitable person to take over my spot, then I will go with you wherever you want, Avia," he decides.

He doesn't look wary to make such a commitment, nor does he seem to regret it. In fact, there's a surety in his eyes, in his expression that confirms to me that he wants this too. I remember him telling me he didn't always see himself as an Alpha. I disregarded it at the time, thinking he was just afraid of how people thought of him. Now, I see he truly does want another life for himself.

I collapse into his arms. "I love you, Isaiah."

"I love you too. Everything is going to work out, alright?" he breathes. I nod. For once, I can see my future coming together, instead of being murky and grey.

I lean back, arms still wrapped around his waist, not wanting to let him go. "You have to marry Elise, don't you?"

It should be him and I marrying. Maybe one day, when this is all over with, we will.

"Next week, yes. My father will stay for the wedding, and I will kill him," Isaiah explains. I shudder. I didn't realise they had decided to move it so much closer to now. Kit is probably itching for Isaiah to be married, knowing I will no longer be an issue then, and he can control Isaiah even more.

Chewing on my lower lip, I look off over his shoulder. "I don't think I'm going to like watching you marry someone else."

"It's not real. And once this is all over, perhaps we can marry too," he murmurs, smiling gently. I share that smile, grateful to know we have the same thoughts. We are mates. Even Kit can't argue against that, so I shouldn't be worried.

"I would like that," I breathe.

"Now let's get back. I have some wicked things planned for you tonight," he teases, drawing me closer to him. I giggle, Malin a thousand thoughts away now.

***

Time passes by quickly as the wedding draws near.

I haven't seen Isaiah much. He has been pulled off in all sorts of directions, being readied for the wedding. The rebellion has taken up a lot of his time too. I don't go to the meetings, not wanting to see Malin, instead wanting to solidify that I am done with her and all her ideologies. But I do wonder what her position of power will be in once Kit is taken down.

I keep to myself, staying out of trouble, trying not to draw any attention to me. Kit is already suspicious that I actually decided to stay for the wedding. He thought I would be distraught, fleeing from heartbreak.

I've managed to avoid him most of the week, until tonight.

I pad down the stairs late at night, wanting water. As usual, I've spent most of the night in Isaiah's room, enjoying him. I've decided there isn't a single night for the rest of our lives that I don't want to spend a night not in bed with him.

"Kenna," Kit's dark voice says as I come down the hallway. I freeze, slowly turning around.

"Kit...I didn't know you would still be up," I say lightly, willing myself to be the polite girl that he thinks I am. Or thought I was, before I got with his son. I shouldn't pretend with him, considering everything he has put me through. Just looking at him makes me sick.

He folds his arms over his chest, lingering in the shadows. "I understand you will be returning back to your father, tomorrow, after the wedding?"

It hadn't been discussed, but I figured Kit would expect me out of here. Not that it matters, he's going to be dead tomorrow.

"I..."

"I think that would be for the best," he says, striding toward me. I tense, but I don't move. "Don't get me wrong, I think a mistress is wonderful for an Alpha, but you have too much power as a Noble's daughter. You will need to leave."

"Of course, I will leave," I say, bowing my head. "But you should know something."

I'm going to regret this.

"Know what?"

"You are a true monster. And you will pay for everything you have done," I growl, before I can think twice about it. I shouldn't do this, risk ruining the rebellions plan for tomorrow, but I need to say something to him before he dies. I need him to know that he cannot step on everyone who comes into his path.

He steps even closer to me, but I don't flinch. "Your father taught you better than to speak to your superiors like that."

"You are not superior to me in anything," I hiss.

He doesn't hesitate, rearing back to slap me straight across the face.

I hardly feel any pain as the force of the hit sends me back, to angry, but also too shocked to feel it. He hit me. He really hit me.

"Know your place," he snaps, before he turns to walk away, not giving me a chance to retaliate.

But I will. Tomorrow, he dies.

🤎••🤎

If you enjoy the story, it's always ten chapters ahead on Radish. It's another way of supporting me as a writer, so thank you!

 It's another way of supporting me as a writer, so thank you!

***

I have a brand new story called IMMORTAL PRINCE now available on Radish, and soon on Wattpad (:

"Tomorrow, we don't have to speak of this again." I hardly know what I'm asking. I just know I want whatever it is.

He watches me with an intensity that I know only he is capable of. "Put my hand where you want me to touch you."

I hope you all enjoyed the chapter!! Thank you all!

I hope you guys enjoyed!!

Instagram: Sophie_Midika

Snapchat: Midikacrane

~Midika 💜🐼