Maggie's out with her girlfriend and their friends today. Her friend Zachary is part of this fancy diving club/team and he managed to book time for their whole group to go diving. So, them being the very close knit group they are, they decided to make a day out of it.

It's a Wednesday.

Maggie looked so happy when she told me about the plans and she's been doing really well in school. I couldn't tell her no. I am so proud of how far she's come. My girl is excelling in her math class. Midterms were sent out two days ago and I was amazed at my baby's marks. Eighty-five percent in math. Eighty percent in history. Ninety percent in English and ninety-two percent in her Italian class.

I have watched her study, do her homework, practice, and ask for help in these past few weeks and it has payed off for her. She has been putting in the work and is seeing results. When we opened the school app on my phone and clicked the midterm link a surge of proudness spread through me. Maggie, she started crying. For a fiery kid she is very emotional. Not that I mind by any means.

I never would've thought she'd cry about a good mark. But she did and I couldn't help but gush to the whole family about my very smart daughter.

As a celebration I took her out to a movie with Marco and my father. Afterwards Maggie dragged us around on the streets. Any shop that she got excited about we went in and bought her whatever she wanted. It was mostly candy or ice-cream shops.

Afterwards we had dinner over at the Reynolds place. I got Ray a job in the ninety-ninth police precinct. His wife is doing very well, her treatments have started off smoothly and she claims that she's not as tired as before which is a bonus. Maggie stops by their apartment after Martin drops her off after school everyday. Jo is teaching her how to bake, Maggie brought home cookies yesterday.

All in all life's going good and as soon as I can take Roan down the better.

-

"Those doors are heavily guarded during the day time, during the night there are only two or three guards stationed there. It's an uncommon entrance during the night but a common one during the day." Ethan points out on the map he drew to scale on my dining room table. The dining room table has been useless up until tonight. The only think it has ever been used for is Maggie's clean laundry. I had to teach her how to fold her clothes when I noticed she left the house with wrinkly shirts everyday. I almost lost my mind when I saw that she has been throwing her clothes in her drawer.

"What is the base like during the nighttime?" Marco asks from his seat to the right of me, facing Jonathan who is on my left. My father sits on the other side of the table, he looks to be thinking. The Don in him never went away, even sixteen years after his retire he's still leading me and thinking like a boss. He has the wisdom that he got from my grandfather and he is still passing it down to me.

"They haven't had a shipment attacked for as long as I can remember. They've always gone under the radar, they don't draw too much attention to themselves. Up until recently they hadn't even had more than one guard stationed at the entrances." Ethan says sitting in the middle. He's being very helpful, when he said he'd help us.

Maggie was right to put her trust in him. All I see is a boy trying to right his wrongs.

"What are you saying?" Jonathan questions him with his pointer finger resting on his chin.

"I am saying that they are not equipped for a war. Has there been talk of them stealing shipments from other mafias? Because very few dealers wanted deals with them because they didn't have as great of an income."

"They've been taking our shipments. We haven't fought back yet, we were planning on the next shipping day to attacking them." Carlos, the Capo of our shipments department speaks up. He is the guy that Maggie gave advice to the other day. He told me that she will make a great leader.