=Chapter Five=

Saul

"Why's he here?" 

My voiced boomed in the house as I looked frantically for Jessicha.

Not that he can't be here, but I'm miffed.

Why was he here?

I'm assuming they didn't even hear me.

Now, they just came back from their little hang out. The reservation was pretty near which irked me. Samuel knew what time the reservation was. Was he trying to ruin this night?

Thankfully, Jessicha was quick in changing and we were able to be on time.

"Why did you guys take so long?" I asked Samuel, while she was changing.

He shrugged and shot me a smile that showed he wasn't taking me seriously. I stopped the urge to punch him. No, I shouldn't. It was difficult to see him for me because I only found out about them being best friends and realized how close he and Jessicha were when Jessicha and I were already together. However, he was my brother and he didn't do anything wrong at all. It's not right to just resort to violence about this either.

We didn't speak to each other besides that, and I hate myself for feeling so jealous.

At the restaurant, he sat in front of Jessicha. That helped my temper because I felt like if I saw him I would feel the urge to let my emotions get the better of me, and that's not something that would ideally happen because I wanted Jessicha to have a great time. Under my supervision.

I didn't miss my brother as much as I normally would have at all. Did it make me feel bad? It would have if I wasn't focusing so much on the implications of his presence.

"You're having steak with potato marbles, Siccha, right?" Jessicha nodded at Samuel. "How 'bout you, bro?"

I clenched my fist almost unconsciously. What "bro"? I swallowed my feelings and answered. "The grilled fish with their specialty rice and vegetables."

He grinned at me. "Then, you order."

I...

"Suel!" Jessicha scolded in a whisper. "Stop it."

So she knew what he was doing.

They talked all night, but I stayed quiet. It upset me that this wasn't as enjoyable as I thought it would be. 

The night ended with us bidding Samuel goodbye, and I breathed out a sigh. It was tiring keeping up when I was no longer enjoying.

"Saul, are you okay?" Jessicha asked.

That hurt me. She knew what was going on, ignored me the whole night, and was just now caring? She knew I wasn't okay.

I stomped up to our room and locked the door. She can use our other room. I don't care.

The next day, I went to work alone. For some reason, my lunch was already on the counter, so as miffed as I was, I didn't forget to bring it with me to work. 

I can't believe she was was a step ahead. She even went to work already.

"Sir," Jane said, as she placed on my desk my files to go through for today. "Samuel wants to see you."

"Samuel? You know my brother?"

"He was a famous photographer in the university."

"Yo, Janeyyyyy~"

I felt my blood boiling again, but this time I was able to push it down.

"Hey, why are you here?" Jane scolded him. Thank you, Jane. I'm rooting for you. "I haven't called for you."