=Chapter Three=

SAUL

I wanted to tell Jessicha about the Legaspi Gala before my brother could, so I decided to stop by her office today. I went into her office and found her pouring over some files. She looked like she was crying which I didn't like.

Leaving quietly so she doesn't get embarrassed, I decided to ask my brother for a favor instead.

"Bro," I called my brother. "Can you grab some vanilla latte later on your way here?"

"For Siccha? Sure!"

That annoying brat.

When I was sure that Jessicha was no longer teary, I put on a smile and went in after a quick knock. "Hello."

She looked up and gave me a soft smile. "Hello. What brings you here?"

"Just wanted to see you," I nonchalantly shrugged, settling on the armchair in front of her desk.

Her office was pretty spacious, with her desk on one side and a workspace at the other where she does her sewing and knitting, dyeing and embroidering. It's amazing how much she gets done. She accomplishes a new line every season and every anniversary. That's at least five a year.

She stared at me silently for a while and went back to work.

"What are you doing?" I asked.

Her eyes were focused on her screen, and she was almost stone still.

"I'm wondering what I can do next."

Oh... so she doesn't know about the showcase yet.

"Then, would you like to go to the showcase with me?" I asked.

Once again she stared at me. Did she not hear about the showcase? I thought she'd have wanted to go.

"The Legaspi showcase?"

"Yeah."

"You have tickets?" Her eyes looked dazed in excited shock. It seems like she wanted to go but wasn't able to get a ticket. No surprise since it was advertised by the agency to chosen prospect audiences before before being passed on to us for advertisement to the general public.

Of course I have our tickets. It's going to be held in our hotel. She wouldn't have known until quite a bit later than me since she doesn't involve herself much with the hotel's activities anymore until it's time to oversee the final program flow. She used to when she was just starting out

"I didn't know you were able to ask them for tickets!" she exclaimed. "Can I really?" The puffiness of her eyelids were gone. That was fast.

"Jessicha," I gave her a pointed look, "it's your ticket. The Legaspis sent it specifically for your entrance to the showcase."

Her eyes went wide with wonder. This must be what Grandfather was saying. He confided in me some days ago that he felt Jessicha just lost a collaboration recently and fell into a state of self-reprimand. She paid her employees the same amount she would had they worked overtime for the month in a gesture of appreciation and sorry.

I have no idea what happened, but I want to be here for her.

"Where is it?"

I reached for the tickets and showed them to her. "Do you want to keep yours or do you want me to safekeep it for you? I was hoping we'd go together, would you like that too?"

"It's okay," she shrugged, "but you'd have to wait for me. I want to design a good dress to wear and gift them some things from our upcoming collection."