=Chapter Two=

JESSICHA

Today, my grandfather asked me to meet him. What I want to know is if I'll have enough time for my jog. Saul drove me to my office as he usually does, but it was quieter because I was upset about last night. I wasn't upset that he didn't make sure the message was sent because that really could happen. What I was upset about was that I felt like I deserved it somehow. Saul must've felt my mood because he didn't even attempt to make me smile with his own cheery smile. In fact, his smile was rather gloomy today.

I checked the files my secretary sent me for my perusing today and decided I needed about four hours for that, making me consider and decide how my day will go.

Hmmm....

It's just seven in the morning. If I prepare now and call Saul up, I think I'll have enough time to finish everything before going to Grandfather this afternoon.

Grandfather sometimes became my father figure when I stayed in the city to be trained for the business, but I ended up starting my own with the help of my family. I wasn't interested in the family business, but I thought I could at least help by doing something I love through an extension of it. That way, if my business grows, the family business also grows. 

I'm not sure why he wants to meet with us, but I'm thinking it might be because of an event. Speaking of events, I really wanted to go to the Legaspi showcase—at least one of their events, but I couldn't because I didn't find out about it in time. The tickets sold out like crazy.

Tera, my secretary, dropped by earlier and placed my work on my table. Something that's to be annoyed about and thankful for. Afterall, I'd rather not work in the office.

Suddenly, my phone rang and vibrated, surprising me, and making me jump a bit. It was my close, sister-like friend Talia.

"He—"

"What in the world were you thinking when you decided to get married without telling us?" she ranted, breathing heavily at the end. It may be that she was angry, and it is greatly likely that she was mad, but a ridiculous part of me hoped that she was just tired from doing something like exercising or a chore.

I blinked when I realized what she was asking. I thought I sent her a complete summary of everything that happened?

"Didn't you receive my letter?" I asked slowly, "I sent you the invite with a message through mail and email mail, a text message, and a video of the wedding by the studio... didn't you get any of them?"

"What are you saying?" she asked. I could already imagine her incredulous frown. After seconds of my silence, she hung up. I didn't know what to say. Anything I'd say would sound empty because I really did what I said I did. The reason she wasn't informed was an external factor. No way she didn't receive any of these things except for that reason.

Wild thoughts ran through my mind almost at once and I felt something strange stir at the pit of my stomach. Something's definitely wrong, and I couldn't quite place a finger on it. I don't just give my personal number away. Who could've intercepted?

I shook my head. I mean, if my thoughts were even the least bit true, that's a lot of drama in my life going on in my life right now. That can't possibly be. 

Kidding about the former, by the way, there's barely any drama in my life that it seems almost monotonous these days.

I went down to clear my head only to find my husband flirting with none other than his ex-girlfriend. Wow... I... just... Wow. He was grinning boyishly at her as she leaned forward to whisper something in his ear.