Birthday gift

"Say ah~" she said while giving me some sushi. And I did what she just said.
"Y/n, how was it?" Shinobu said waiting for me to finish the sushi.
"It taste so good!" with my reply all of the Hashira started to eat too. All of the foods are extremely tasty. I wandered my sight and I can see everyone is having their good time, Master is having a good time too with us.

And then my sight got fall of at Kyojuro, who's eating silently. That's odd. When he's eating, he's always happy and always saying "Umai!" but now he dom't say it and eating his food silently.

But...

I guess it's fine because,

There's a lot of food in his plate, maybe he's thinking about something.

After we finished our food, Uzui said he want to say something.

"First of all, I want to greet Y/n again a happy flamboyant birthday! And thank you everyone for coming and helping us set this. Especially for the food, it taste good. Now, I wanted to say that we wanted to give Y/n a present and if you have a present, you are free to give it to her now." with that the Hashira gaved me their present and the other demon slayers except for Kyojuro, who justs watch me take their gift and saying thank you to them.

It's not that he should give me some presents.

That's what I've thought.

-----»

The celebration of my birthday finished at 3:00 pm for us to clean the headquarters, after cleaning it, the Hashira and the other demon slayer who had a task given to them already leaved.

We bid a farewell to our Master to head home since it is already 4:30 pm.

Kyojuro leading the way, and I'm behind him. He stayed silent. When suddenly, he faced me that makes me bump into his well built body.

"...Rengoku-san?" I said to him while I distanced myself.

"It's still early for us to go home right? Since we are demon slayers, we can manage even though we faced a demon."
"...Well, yeah." I replied thinking what's in his mind.
"come with me, I heard it will be a full moon today." with that, he held my hand as he walked through a road leading to the forest. I followed him, quietly.

I found myself at the top of the cliff, there are some flowers which made the scenerie much more breath taking.

Time; 5:00 pm

"I suppose we are going to stay here until the moon shows up right?" I asked him, while I sit down at the ground. He just replied with a hum.

"We are already at the same age, both nineteen hehe" I talked again to clear the awkward silence between us, he just replied again with a hum.

"Rengoku-san? Is there something wrong?" I asked again but he didn't looked at me, which makes me more irriatated, what the hell is happening to him?

"I saw you earlier..it looks like you didn't enjoy eating the food because you look like there's something is bothering you and you're not even saying 'umai'." I said, overthinking that he might be tired babysitting me.

"Can you perhaps say what is it?" I said again but I got answered by a silence.
"Are you not happy today?" I'm starting to tear up because of frustration.
"Why won't you talk to me? Are you already tired...of me?" and that's it. I already started to shed some tears. I guess it is, he's tired.

I felt a warm big hand patted me. And I was about to look at him, when he embraced me so tightly and lay down at the grasses, with me on top of him.

"Don't cry." He said after a couple of minutes.
"Then why are you silent--"
"The reason why I'm silent earlier is I'm thinking about you. I'm happy to celebrate your birthday today that I even got speechless becaus of happiness. So please, stop crying, it makes my heart broken you know, also it's your birthday so you shouldn't cry." he replied while stroking my locks. His voice sound soft and calm.

"Well, our position is quite..." yeah, I'm starting to imagine some things, so I got up and did an Indian sit. I just heard him chuckled.

The moon started to show up means it is already around 6:30 pm.

When the moon started to show up, fully. He stands up, and I did the same which is it is time for us to go home. But to my surprise, he pulled out a small box in his pocket.

"Happy birthday Y/n, I hope you will live your life to the fullest and spend your life with me, happily." with that, he gaved me the box, it is a present for him. So I tried to open it up.

It's a necklace, with a pendant of a fire.

It may look like a simple necklace when someone looks at it, but for me, it is more than a simple.

Somewhat, when I'm looking at it, it feels like I'm looking at him.

"Thank you.." my heart beat so fast and he offered his hand. To put the necklace at me.

"It looks good on you." he said after he putted the necklace. His face is soft compared to his everyday facial expression.

I think, you already have my heart.

Then I was about to reply 'thank you', when I got startled by his sudden move.

He kissed me, in the lips.

I closed my eyes to feel it, which makes him to deepen the kiss while holding the back of my head, and when he pulled out, I saw his cheeks with a faint red.

Oh my god! I screamed internally.

"u-uhm...Let's go home!" I said with an awkward tone and started to walk before him.

Then I felt his hand hold mine gently. I looked at him but he just replied with a genuine smile.